Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,245

1 members and 3,244 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Pastel Clown Ball Python or not?

I'm the last person to ask about bp morphs lol. But, IMO it reminds me of a fire clown..? With some dark shading, there might be something else as well. But then again I see plain ol clown not a problem with that! Gorgeous snake nonetheless!
    Last edited by GpBp; 01-08-2018 at 06:19 PM.
    ¹.⁰ ᵖᵃˢᵗᵉˡ ᵇᵃˡˡ ᵖʸᵗʰᵒⁿ ⁻ ᵍᵉⁿᵒ
    ⁰.¹ ᶜᵒⁿᵈᵃ ʰᵒᵍⁿᵒˢᵉ ⁻ ᵏᵒᵛᵃ

¹.⁰ ᵖⁱⁿˢᵗʳⁱᵖᵉ ʰᵃʳˡᵉqᵘⁱⁿ ᶜʳᵉˢᵗᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶜᵏᵒ ⁻ ᵖᵒᶜᵏᵉᵗ
    ¹.⁰ ᶠˡᵃᵐᵉ ᶜʳᵉˢᵗᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶜᵏᵒ ⁻ ᵇᵉᵃ

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GpBp View Post
    I'm the last person to ask about bp morphs lol. But, IMO it reminds me of a fire clown..? With some dark shading, there might be something else as well. But then again I see plain ol clown not a problem with that! Gorgeous snake nonetheless!
    It's definitely not a fire clown. The fire would make it much brighter and at a young age also much more contrasting. Without knowing what the parents were it's impossible to ID with any certainty so I would go with clown with nice blushing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    Pastel Clowns and Killer Clowns have what i like to refer to as muertes skull or sugar skull headstamps. also not Black Pastel Clown either - they have bald heads and the colors are off.

i think it's just a blushed Clown and there's nothing else at work (unless it's influenced by being het for another recessive gene).
    Thank you. I am pretty happy with a Clown without Pastel actually, I don’t like what Pastel does to Clown, especially as the animal ages. What I can’t accept is the seller’s ignorance, he still tells me that this is indeed a Pastel Clown, unbelieveable

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    It's definitely not a fire clown. The fire would make it much brighter and at a young age also much more contrasting. Without knowing what the parents were it's impossible to ID with any certainty so I would go with clown with nice blushing.
    Thanks. I guess the seller made a mistake or was decieved by the breeder he got the animal from, the seller still insists that this is a Pastel Clown I am almost sure that it isn’t now.

Thanks

I have a baby clown and a older pastel clown the first is a normal clown and the second and third are a pastel clown. I’d say a clown with possibly something else but not pastel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellis.brown01 For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (01-11-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis.brown01 View Post
    I have a baby clown and a older pastel clown the first is a normal clown and the second and third are a pastel clown. I’d say a clown with possibly something else but not pastel

Wow, your clown looks so clean and beautiful. Thank you for the pics, I guess mine is just a plain old Clown.

By the way, which Clown would you prefer, a clean or a blushed one?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amok View Post
    Wow, your clown looks so clean and beautiful. Thank you for the pics, I guess mine is just a plain old Clown.

By the way, which Clown would you prefer, a clean or a blushed one?

I love all clowns and you cant beat a normal clown in my opinion.

Thanks
    So, case closed then? This is just a normal Clown?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis.brown01 View Post
    I love all clowns and you cant beat a normal clown in my opinion.
    I love them all too and a regular clown is beautiful but I wouldn’t say you can’t beat it, there are some amazing combos out there. I do like the look of a regular clown over pastel clown and a few other clown combos though. But once you start adding fire, leopard, spotnose, butter/lesser, desert ghost, etc, etc, lol, there are a lot that blow the regular clowns away, at least imho and it’s good everyone has their own opinion either way.

Quote Originally Posted by amok View Post
    So, case closed then? This is just a normal Clown?
    Not really, you’ll just probably never know for sure lol. She is definitely not your average regular clown, but she isn’t different enough to be able to ID an additional morph either. This is why it’s important to know what the parents were, at least if you want to know what the combo is, otherwise it’s just a guess. Without knowing it’s best to just call her clown but if you decide to breed her, then you may be able to prove otherwise.
    Last edited by rufretic; 01-09-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    I love them all too and a regular clown is beautiful but I wouldn’t say you can’t beat it, there are some amazing combos out there. I do like the look of a regular clown over pastel clown and a few other clown combos though. But once you start adding fire, leopard, spotnose, butter/lesser, desert ghost, etc, etc, lol, there are a lot that blow the regular clowns away, at least imho and it’s good everyone has their own opinion either way.

Not really, you’ll just probably never know for sure lol. She is definitely not your average regular clown, but she isn’t different enough to be able to ID an additional morph either. This is why it’s important to know what the parents were, at least if you want to know what the combo is, otherwise it’s just a guess. Without knowing it’s best to just call her clown but if you decide to breed her, then you may be able to prove otherwise.
    I didn’t really mean you can’t beat it because like you say there are so many amazing clown combos out there. I should’ve said you can’t fault it. But I like the simplicity of it and it will always be one on my favourites.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellis.brown01 For This Useful Post:

rufretic (01-09-2018)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast