Hey all:

Had a quick, couple of questions that I wanted to shoot out to you guys as I'm just making sure everything will work before I invest time and money into this project.

I've been thinking about expanding my mouse breeding colonies a bit and have been looking into building a rack for a while. Don't know what I did to deserve it, but seems like my neighbors were chucking out six perfectly good plastic food grade trays that have never been used or even touched it seems. I mean, these things are literally BRAND NEW and came in the original box and everything.

I rather like the clear plastic as I like to see what's going on with the mice without bothering them by pulling the trays out all the time and the clear tubs I have them in now don't seem to hinder their comfort or their breeding so it's a win win. So I now have 6 potential tubs for my new rack, free of charge. Here's a link to the trays:

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/camb...21416CWCL.html

Dimensions are rounded up to 21" x 13" x 6"

Now, before I get too giddy and excited about my dumpster find, I wanted to get some opinions on whether these things are going to even work for a mouse rack or not.

- Are these tubs big enough/deep enouth for the mice?
- How many mice would you put in each tub (I've got a harem set-up going at the moment for my colonies)?
- There seems to be a sort of groove near the top - is this a potential chew out point or is it flush enough to not be an issue?
- I'm not too experienced with building something without any plans so, how would I go about building a custom rack to fit these particular tubs if they're suitable for the mice?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice or insight on this - it's greatly appreciated!