Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,397

3 members and 3,394 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Dozens of Eggs Found in Schoolkids Sandbox

42 eggs in 7 nests in the sand at a school and b/c it's Australia, the sensationalists presume they're eggs from a venomous species - specifically a Brown Snake. even tho they lay in Spring/Summer and do not bury their eggs.

Reports cracked through on Tuesday that wildlife volunteers were called to a New South Wales-area school in Australia to remove a dozen mystery eggs that were quickly discovered to be just one of seven buried nests.

A total of 43 eggs were unearthed from the sandpit at St. Joseph's Catholic primary school in Laurieton, about 200 miles north of Sydney, after students stumbled upon them.

But many people seem to be torn over the inhabitants of the eggs. Some experts fear they are eastern brown snakes — one of the world's deadliest varieties. But some social media commenters are questioning if the eggs belong to snakes at all, and are casting doubt over the theory that snakes could even bury their eggs.

"I believed they were brown snake eggs due to the fact that they were seen in the area and that when I shone a light through the egg I saw a small striped baby snake," Fawna wildlife rescuer Rod Miller told the Guardian Australia.
    read the rest here: https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ndpit/23321985

or here: https://www.yahoo.com/news/vicious-d...165202419.html

a quick internet search shows similar attention grabbing headlines of deadly snake eggs found. the more rational peeps think they're Water Dragon eggs. any the eggs have been safely removed w/o incident but not before some of them have been candled and described again: "when I shone a light through the egg I saw a small striped baby snake."
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (01-05-2018),SDA (01-05-2018)