Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,276

0 members and 3,276 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Corner Cabinet Conversion to BP Enclosure

Happy to join the group! I am new to ball pythons, but had a boa constrictor growing up and love snakes. My daughter got a 1 year old male BP a month ago, and we are enjoying the new addition to our family.

I have an old corner TV cabinet that I'd like to convert to a ball python enclosure (see picture). If anyone has done a similar conversion, I'd love to see pictures and get any advice. I know it seems too big for a single BP, and I might cut it in half and get a second snake. But any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

=======

I tried to include the photo, and was not able to. To see it, visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/krotzmonster/25526927428/

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Re: Corner Cabinet Conversion to BP Enclosure

Wow, cool idea. Technically you could turn that into a big snake rack with heated plastic tubs, and hold 6-8 snakes! It’s definitely too tall to be a single ball python enclosure.
    You could put a display cage where the TV used to be, and use the other shelves for storing feeding tongs, thermostats, thermometers, spray bottle, bedding, whatever. Lots of potential ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

Krotz (01-03-2018)

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum! I can totally visualize taking those 2 upper shelves out and the whole upper section becoming a gorgeous scenic display enclosure for a Green Tree Python or an Emerald Tree Boa! You could even take out the bottom shelves and just split it in half and have a second one. Otherwise, maybe you could just have the display enclosure on the top section and probably have three 28qt. tubs on the bottom shelves. If you decide to do a display enclosure, I would recommend lining the whole inside of that section with either 1/8" panel board or plexiglass and sealing it up good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Aedryan Methyus For This Useful Post:

Krotz (01-03-2018)

Thanks

Re: Corner Cabinet Conversion to BP Enclosure

That upper section could make an awesome Carpet enclosure, and you might be able to run heat tape on those two shelves and put a tubs under there.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MD_Pythons For This Useful Post:

Krotz (01-03-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    once there was this guy who made an enclosure for his two sibling "Super Normals" out of an old TV cabinet he found: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...osure-question and here: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...-New-Enclosure

too bad the pix are down. he asked for advice but didn't accept too much of it. so if u do do it, do it right. make sure everything is sealed, use quality parts and components, test your husbandry before introducing an animal to the enclosure, etc. also don't use a bedsheet as the back panel (boy i wish those pix were still up lol).
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292