Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,270

1 members and 3,269 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Frozen food can kill not injure your snake

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    He won't learn anything. Period. He isn't here to learn. Or share. Or participate anything worthwhile.

I wonder why people even still bother. I fell for it in the beginning but its like running in a hamster wheel. Or doing the same thing twice, hoping for a different outcome.

The OP starts with some controversy and then keeps it going with utter and complete disregard for any and all good advice or common sense. It literally DOES. NOT. MATTER. how good ones argument, advice, research, etc is. He knows better.

At this point I'm not so sure this isn't simply someone that enjoys the "fall out".

There are so many people on here that need advice and help. It takes time and thought to type out a long and helpful post, that energy is better spent on someone that actually appreciates advice and help, rather then comes back with more goading horse manure such as their snake sniffing its kill all "proud" like.

As its been said. Don't feed the troll.
    'Horse manure'....so eloquent, i love it
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (12-31-2017),zina10 (12-31-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    Yet people still feed it. I'm reading people's replies because op is on ignore. Why are we even interacting? In a week are we going to feed him again? Two? How long are we going to do this?
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunnieskys For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (12-31-2017),zina10 (12-31-2017)

Thanks

I'll tell you, this post made me scared of feeding my expensive snake f/t. Thanks.

Fudging hell.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xShevi View Post
    I'll tell you, this post made me scared of feeding my expensive snake f/t. Thanks.

Fudging hell.....
    I wouldnt worry. I've been feeding all my snakes F/T for years and never had a problem and i got snakes close too $1000 each. You just have to get from a reputable source. And generally, you will know when a F/T is bad when you thaw it out and it stinks to high heaven and makes you want to gag lol.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (01-06-2018),xShevi (01-05-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    I wouldnt worry. I've been feeding all my snakes F/T for years and never had a problem and i got snakes close too $1000 each. You just have to get from a reputable source. And generally, you will know when a F/T is bad when you thaw it out and it stinks to high heaven and makes you want to gag lol.
    Good. I had that once and returned it all. Thanks for this Sauzo.

Here in the Netherlands it's hard getting by f/t food from reputable sources. I just go by pet stores or order them online from this one company that seems to be good, but if they don't have any I would have to order somewhere else.. I did that last week and I received the rats by post a little soft, yet frozen inside wrapped in a tempex box in an ice pack that was frozen solid inside and a little thawed on the outside. I fed my snake one of these rats 2 days ago, but actually didn't smell anything, so they are good then.

Is it me or do rats smell more neutral, or not like anything at all, compared to mice, who just don't smell very nice?

I was doubting myself, then reading this, nearly had a breakdown in front of the vivarium cursing myself and apologizing to the snake lmao... Thanks Sauzo.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to xShevi For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (01-06-2018)

Thanks

(The content of this post has been removed. See post below for more information.
    -Thanks from the Admin.
    )
    Last edited by mlededee; 01-05-2018 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Removing continuation of drama.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would like to put this reminder here in case some of you did not see it in the original thread it was posted in:

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee
    For those that wish to comment, please do so in a mature and calm manner. Do not make posts that are for the purpose of inciting more drama with others. You can share good information without being argumentative or insulting.

You have all been warned about this multiple times by our moderators. If the argumentative and trollish behavior continues, you will receive large and repeat custom infractions, your threads may be locked and/or posts edited or removed at our discretion. This may also result in a temporary ban from the forum.

This is a place for sharing knowledge and helping each other out. If you cannot do so in a friendly and mature manner and in return, if you cannot accept such help and knowledge in a mature manner (especially if you came here for the purpose of asking for said help), then you do not belong here and should re-evaluate your level of participation on the forum.
    - Emily

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mlededee For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (01-06-2018),Craiga 01453 (01-06-2018),PitOnTheProwl (01-05-2018),silverdreams (01-06-2018),Stewart_Reptiles (01-05-2018),tttaylorrr (01-05-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts

Here in the Netherlands it's hard getting by f/t food from reputable sources. I just go by pet stores or order them online from this one company that seems to be good, but if they don't have any I would have to order somewhere else.. I did that last week and I received the rats by post a little soft, yet frozen inside wrapped in a tempex box in an ice pack that was frozen solid inside and a little thawed on the outside. I fed my snake one of these rats 2 days ago, but actually didn't smell anything, so they are good then.

Is it me or do rats smell more neutral, or not like anything at all, compared to mice, who just don't smell very nice?

I was doubting myself, then reading this, nearly had a breakdown in front of the vivarium cursing myself and apologizing to the snake lmao... Thanks Sauzo.
    Rats can be pretty funky with their scent naturally. They are just foul little critters normally and if they urinated on themselves it can smell pretty skunky. I find them less appealing than mice but maybe that is just me.

I also feed frozen thawed and have for years. The potential of a very expensive bite being a vet trip is just not something I am willing to risk for my snakes. If you can't find frozen thawed then my recommendation is get used to killing your live prey before feeding once you get to a larger size. It is just not worth a bite no matter that reason behind feeding live.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

Thanks

Depends how well said vendors clean and prepare their rats. I've seen some with poop in the bags and stained rats which I'm assuming is piss. Others i have seen were clean and no real smell. The area i get my rats and stuff from all get theirs from the same local supplier that i know so they are good for the most part. But I'm a crazy person who spends about $120 a month on snake food when i should be buying a small chest freezer and ordering in bulk.....but i keep spending money on more snakes and cages

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    As i said at the beginning, you can feed them many years F/T and it takes only one bad frozen to kill the snake. You will never know. Besides, its healthier to feed live or pre killed. Its advisable if you feed F/T to add vitamins to the prey.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast