Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,298

1 members and 3,297 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Wow Sauzo, you snuck another one or two in on me while I was away! Congrats man, you’ve really filled out your collection nicely.

And I absolutely LOVE the name, Pat. I died laughing when I read that in your in your first post. I immediately pictured Pat from SNL in my mind.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (02-15-2018),Sauzo (02-16-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Re: Pat the baby biak green tree python

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Lol Pat powered down a 6 gram fuzzy mouse last night. That definitely filled him up as he is now sleeping under his heater today. Look at the chub on that boy after his meal haha.
    Looking great!

Nice assortment of species!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (02-16-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stearns84 View Post
    Updates!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Lol nothing really new as Pat is going into shed i believe and is being antisocial sitting curled up in his plant.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    Wow Sauzo, you snuck another one or two in on me while I was away! Congrats man, you’ve really filled out your collection nicely.

And I absolutely LOVE the name, Pat. I died laughing when I read that in your in your first post. I immediately pictured Pat from SNL in my mind.
    Thanks and yeah the name Pat popped into my head from SNL when i got him as he's too young to sex and i personally doubt i ever will sex him as it doesnt really matter to me as i wont breed.

And yeah, i snuck in a couple. Was planning for either a Peruvian BCC or Moonglow BCI maybe this summer as i got 1 empty T10 laying around. But we will see.

Also good to see you back. Was wondering where you went off to lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Looking great!

Nice assortment of species!
    Thanks. Pretty happy with everyone so far.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    I wish they stayed that color LOL!

However, there is something super mystical about the GREEN adults too.

I'm not here nearly as much but I'll check in a bit more now that wrestling season is coming to a close for my son.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I wish they stayed that color LOL!

However, there is something super mystical about the GREEN adults too.

I'm not here nearly as much but I'll check in a bit more now that wrestling season is coming to a close for my son.
    Well from what i've gathered talking to people on the GTP boards, Biaks take the longest to change colors, some actually change their whole lives. The other subspecies change color very quicker seeming almost like overnight. So I'm expecting Pat to hold yellow for a very long time. I saw some Biaks thats were 3 years old and still had a lot of yellow on them. The one thing about GTPs is they seem to be very variable in colors and you really never know what you will get until the snake is an adult and even then, it can still keep changing.

So basically i got Louie and Pat to look forward to see changing colors as the years go on.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts
    195 posts about Pat the Green Tree Python in 7 weeks! The most popular snake on Ball-pythons.net, and it is not even a ball python!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

dakski (02-19-2018),Team Slytherin (02-19-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    195 posts about Pat the Green Tree Python in 7 weeks! The most popular snake on Ball-pythons.net, and it is not even a ball python!
    Haha yeah. I get a lot of likes from other places too about Pat. Seems people love GTPs especially battery powered little bright yellow babies.

And i've got so many idea floating around. I've been thinking of selling off my extra T10 and setting up another 18x18x18 cube and getting a red neo lol. These little buggers are kind of addictive as they dont really require huge caging and only going off my experience with Pat, but he eats like a horse. Little guy is ladi back until you show him a mouse or gently wake him up with a mouse. He pops up, looks at it for a minute while smelling it and once he realizes its a mouse, he goes for the gusto.

Thanks
    Update for Pat. He had his second shed with me now and he's 2/2 on perfect sheds. Was actually starting to get a little worried as he was hiding in his plant for 10 days. But i figured it was shed time as all my other snakes become antisocial and hide when its shed time for them too. Anyways got a pic of the nice shed, looks like a little snake with the head, eye caps and everything lol. As well got a quick fresh shed Pat pic but it wasnt too great as it's almost 3am and i needed sleep lol. He went back up to his heater.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Ashleigh91 (02-20-2018),jmcrook (02-19-2018),richardhind1972 (02-19-2018),Stearns84 (02-19-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    So happy for Pat! He/She/They are looking great and not too chubby. Glad you got a feeding and humidity routine down. I am not sure the exact point when to slow up on feeding but looks like you are a ways away from it. I finally got some of those water ledges albeit magnetic because suction cups would never work and I am surprised how effective they are.

You still have that probe on the perch... such a risk taker
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SDA For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (02-19-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    So happy for Pat! He/She/They are looking great and not too chubby. Glad you got a feeding and humidity routine down. I am not sure the exact point when to slow up on feeding but looks like you are a ways away from it. I finally got some of those water ledges albeit magnetic because suction cups would never work and I am surprised how effective they are.

You still have that probe on the perch... such a risk taker
    Thanks. Yeah Pat has been moved to a 7 day feeding as he is up from pinkie mice to fuzzies now. He left a giant poop last night too after shedding haha. The thing was the size of a rat turd.

And yeah, the probe is still on the highest perch. Meh, not really a risk imo. Pat never actually sits on it and even if he did, that little nano CHE wouldnt get hot enough to burn him from the distance it's at. Also i dont have it set high as GTPs dont need that high of heat. I keep it set to 84F and the room is usually 77-80F so it isnt even on that often. I've actually thought about just ditching it as a few breeders i talked to dont even use any outside heat other than keeping the ambient in the room around 80F and then at night, it has a natural temp drop.

I'm just going to use the screw mounted water bowls once i get Pat his AP cage.

Today was feeding day and let me tell you, after 10 days of no food because of shedding, Pat was on that mouse faster than a fat kid on a KitKat. He powered it down and now is curled up on top of his plant.

As for humidity, i just let it drop to around 40-50%, then give it a good misting and let it drop again. Usually shoot for around 70% even in shed. A lot of people seem to think you need really high air humidity for a snake to shed when in fact, if the snake is properly hydrated inside, they usually wont have a problem shedding unless there is an underlying health issue or stress. Heck the first time Pat shed, i didnt see it coming until i found a shed wrapped up in his plant. This one last night, i only knew because he went into his plant and stayed there for 10 days lol. I just keep doing the same thing for humidity and last night, i found it stretched between his plant and his middle perch. He seems to hook it a leaf of one of his plants and then just slowly pull it off.

And these little boogers are addictive. I've really been contemplating setting up another 18x18x18 cube and getting me a little red neo lol.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

dakski (02-19-2018)

Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast