Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,338

0 members and 3,338 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Pat the baby biak green tree python

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    Wait yours doesn't freeze the moment you come within 20 feet of it?
    Lol nope, he just goes about what he's doing like you weren't there unless you wiggle a finger next to him. Then he slowly creeps up closer and closer to the finger with tongue flicking. He did that to my hand a few days ago when i was changing his paper towels on the floor. I thought i was going to get tagged but after some intensive tongue flicking, he back tracked and recurled on his perch and went back to bed. Guess my hand didnt smell like a nice juicy fuzzy mouse lol. That pic of him above is him noticing my finger wiggling at him and him creeping closer.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (02-03-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Well i went over to see if Porky was still sleeping on his perch and it looks like he is awake and getting ready to patrol. The little Porker just ate day before yesterday and is out and about already. I wiggled my finger at the front of the cage door and he extended out to see if it was dinner haha. I swear, he is a mini version of Caesar...eats, poops, pisses, causes trouble.....rinse and repeat a day or 2 after eating lol.
    Your snakes are basically everything I want in my life. Your threads are my favorite.

1.0 Pastel yellowbelly ball python -Pipsy
    2.0 Checkered garter snakes - Hazama & Relius
    1.0 Dumeril's boa - Bazil

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kcl For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (02-02-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kcl View Post
    Your snakes are basically everything I want in my life. Your threads are my favorite.
    Thanks. I think i got kind of lucky with my snakes as all of them are laid back and settled in and ate well....sometimes a little too well lol. The only snake i had that i couldnt get mellowed was Allison my JCP. No matter how much i worked with her, she was always defensive and usually ready to bite. I got her from always biting to about 1/3 of the time. Then all of a sudden, she went crazy again went up to 50% biting. I did get her switched from black live mice at night only to FT rats of any color and anytime. I got her at a year or 1.5 years old so i think maybe she wasnt worked with as a baby. She came from Nick Mutton at Inland Reptiles but like i said, the previous owner must not have handled her or really messed her up. I bet if i kept working with her, i could have maybe made headway but i traded her for Rango my salmon DH sharp snowglow boy who is a character. Loves to eat and watches you like a retic, turning his head and following you around when you are in front of the cage lol.

And another update...Pat pissed again. I swear the little booger is a mini Caesar lol. He loves to piss and poop and eat.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 02-02-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Thanks
    Well I got Pat a Zoo Med light fixture to go with his cube last night and put in a 5.0 UVB bulb and a daylight bulb for him and the plants. Also repotted his Prayer Plant in 5 inch wide and tall pot which he seems to love to use as a perch at night as well. Gave him a large Exo Terra water bowl too since he loves to play in water. He seems pretty happy now. Caught him doing this this morning. Not sure how he got into this weird yoga pose but he went back to normal after i opened the cage and took a pic. Guess he got embarrassed lol.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

c0r3yr0s3 (02-03-2018),jmcrook (02-03-2018),Kcl (02-03-2018),Starscream (02-05-2018),Stearns84 (02-05-2018)

Thanks
    The look of a content GTP. Pat got his little fuzzy mouse today and now he is content. Look at that little pudgy belly on him lol.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (02-05-2018),Kcl (02-06-2018),Prognathodon (02-05-2018),Starscream (02-05-2018)

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

The look of a content GTP. Pat got his little fuzzy mouse today and now he is content. Look at that little pudgy belly on him lol.
    Now thats a display
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (02-05-2018),Sauzo (02-05-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CALM Pythons View Post
    Now thats a display
    Thanks. You want a real display, wait until about 30 mins after lights out in the cages after day 2 of eating. Pat goes ballistic and is all over the place. Usually starts with a drop to the floor to drop a deuce and piss. Then off to the new large Exo Terra water bowl to swim around in. Then up to the top of the clay pot for the prayer plant to park himself for a few. Then its a toss up between up to the perches again or onto the plastic plants or back into the water bowl for some more swimming. The guy is so full of energy at night, it's incredible. I just couldnt see how you could keep a neo in the little 6 or 25 qt tubs without them going crazy. Pat gets so much exercise nightly except the night of dinner and the next night.

Cant wait until he gets big enough for me to actually start working with him and seeing how much he bites me while we bond

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Thanks. You want a real display, wait until about 30 mins after lights out in the cages after day 2 of eating. Pat goes ballistic and is all over the place. Usually starts with a drop to the floor to drop a deuce and piss. Then off to the new large Exo Terra water bowl to swim around in. Then up to the top of the clay pot for the prayer plant to park himself for a few. Then its a toss up between up to the perches again or onto the plastic plants or back into the water bowl for some more swimming. The guy is so full of energy at night, it's incredible. I just couldnt see how you could keep a neo in the little 6 or 25 qt tubs without them going crazy. Pat gets so much exercise nightly except the night of dinner and the next night.

Cant wait until he gets big enough for me to actually start working with him and seeing how much he bites me while we bond
    Hahahahaha... Its to bad some people keep them in such confined areas.. I feel bad.. Look at what they do if given the chance.
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (02-05-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CALM Pythons View Post
    Hahahahaha... Its to bad some people keep them in such confined areas.. I feel bad.. Look at what they do if given the chance.
    They make AMAZING display snakes !! I've always said that, you can really go all out with them.

My two were kept in smaller enclosures until their green started to come in. But they weren't "tub" enclosures, just small enough to allow for ease of frequent cleaning. There were 2 removable perches, water and paper towels. Mine were "kittens" from the get go. I was able to pick them out from about 30 or so

Due to the small enclosure and frequent cleanings, they were quite used to "handling". Even at the breeder they got removed from the enclosure (while on their perch, the entire perch got lifted out) while their "house got cleaned". I got bitten twice while I looked through all 30 of them. Actually I CLEANED all 30 enclosures, LOL, was a great way to pick one out, though. Most were very accepting or the minimal handling. I thought more would be "bitey".

Mine got so used to being taken in and out of their home that they would start to lazily come off of their perch while I lifted it out and started to explore. At that age I rarely "made" them come off unless they wanted to. If I needed them off, I would lift the perch and then gently use my hand and move it underneath of them, replacing the perch with the edge of my hand.

I never got bitten by either of them, not once. They were just as tame as any of my Ball Pythons. Even though I handled them FAR less often. They were also not "fast" or upset during handling. Perfectly calm.

Once they started getting green spots and got some size on them they went straight to a really big display cage. They never missed a beat. No stress, no refused feedings, no frantic cruising.

Gtp's are just incredible display snakes. Even if not handled, or handled rarely, they are jewels in a collection.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Prognathodon (02-06-2018),Sauzo (02-06-2018)

BPnet Senior Member richardhind1972's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,173 Times in 3,204 Posts

Pat looks so cool against that calathea, great contrast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to richardhind1972 For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (02-06-2018)

Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast