Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,448

5 members and 3,443 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    Just in case you are not sure where you can go online for decent items and deals.

Amazon of course
    Walmart online (not in store)
    Petsmart online
    Doctors Foster and Smith
    Reptile Basics
    Reptile Prime (amazing substrate)

For frozen rodents:
    Perfect Prey
    Big Cheese Rodent Company

If you live in Canada then Cornel's world is your best place for a lot of supplies.

The only online experience I would avoid like the plague is petco. Slow processing and nail biting frustration when dealing with customer service. One tip however is that if you do see something you like online and have a petco nearby but the online petco price is cheaper, bring it up to a sales clerk. They should check it online and if cheaper give you the online price from their site.

Other places to look at if you eventually want to give the best options are:

Animal Plastics for enclosures

Spyder Robotics for thermostats

Acurite for thermometers and humidity gauges. Often their site is the cheapest online and shipping is fantastic from them.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

Thanks

Re: New Owner of a BP

You may want to purchase a hygrometer instead of a hydrometer unless you are testing specific gravity of some beer you are brewing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    Just in case you are not sure where you can go online for decent items and deals.

Amazon of course
    Walmart online (not in store)
    Petsmart online
    Doctors Foster and Smith
    Reptile Basics
    Reptile Prime (amazing substrate)

For frozen rodents:
    Perfect Prey
    Big Cheese Rodent Company

If you live in Canada then Cornel's world is your best place for a lot of supplies.

The only online experience I would avoid like the plague is petco. Slow processing and nail biting frustration when dealing with customer service. One tip however is that if you do see something you like online and have a petco nearby but the online petco price is cheaper, bring it up to a sales clerk. They should check it online and if cheaper give you the online price from their site.

Other places to look at if you eventually want to give the best options are:

Animal Plastics for enclosures

Spyder Robotics for thermostats

Acurite for thermometers and humidity gauges. Often their site is the cheapest online and shipping is fantastic from them.
    Thanks! I will definetly use some of those online stores in the future. I only use Petco's online store for UVB bulbs, because the prices are so low. Otherwise, I only go to their store. I might actually buy rodents online in the future, so thanks for that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agl017 View Post
    Ok, just got back from the pet store.

Sadly, they didn't have any ceramic heating bulbs or heatpad thermometers. I did get him a few new things, though. I got a smaller water bowl (which he can still fit in), a second hide, a climbing stick, and two frozen adult mice. I also changed the bulb in his tank from a UVB to one of those "Night" red bulbs (I know he can still see it), because the UVB wasn't getting hot enough. I'm going to order a heatmat thermometer off of Amazon today, but for now he has the light. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I'm planning on holding him for the first time at the end of July, and I'll be trying to feed him every week. The employee at Petco told us it would take a bit for him to settle in and start eating, so I'm not really as worried as I was.
    I meant to say January btw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12