Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,364

1 members and 3,363 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Sneezing snake?

Thanks

Question Sneezing snake?

My 6 month old ball python has been sneezing a lot lately. She used to sneeze and I wouldn't think much of it besides it was just a regular sneeze, but lately I've been hearing her sneeze a bit more often. The first thing I did was go search up on why my snake was sneezing so much and the article I read said that unsettled dust from cleaning his/her tank or bedding could be the problem, as well as a respiratory infection. I use aspen for the bedding and I clean her tank completely out once a month and replace the bedding. I have a spray bottle filled with water and every couple times a week I spray the top of the tank so her humidity levels are right. I went to her tank and sniffed around to see if it smelled dusty and sure enough, it was dusty. I took all of the aspen out of her tank and replaced it with old newspapers for now until I can get a different bedding for her. We switched her into an old 55 gallon aquarium a couple weeks ago and I deep cleaned and disinfected it before I put her in it. I'm not sure if the bedding is the reason why it was dusty or if I just need to take everything out and clean the tank again. I'm going to wait a bit and see if the sneezing goes down before I take her to the vet to see if it's anything besides the dustiness of the tank.

Thanks

Re: Sneezing snake?

Are you sure it isn't some stuck shed on her nostril that's making a noise similar to sneezing? What exactly does her "sneezing" look like?