Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,396

3 members and 2,393 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,571
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    I'm out. This thread is in the toilet!
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SDA For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (12-24-2017),PokeyTheNinja (12-26-2017)

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Dumerils Boas are NOT terrestrial

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post

So this is another one. Please everybody and the admin take note.
    Last edited by Dutti; 12-24-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

I found a Dumerils Boa in the toilet, so they must be aquatic. NOT terrestrial, I was wrong after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    And every other thread created by them also..smh.
    1.0- Pastel het Pied- Khaa

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PythonBabes View Post
    And every other thread created by them also..smh.
    Please there should be an age check if someone wants to join this forum. This is really a very very low level. I,m actually surprised that the admins just don,t care. Again, i don,t care personally. Its just shameful for this forum!

Thanks
    Okay. So you are claiming that Dumerils boas are semi arboreal species, purely based on your boa (which you obviously have not had very long), and a few random YouTube videos? Like others have said, an animal doing something does not make them that thing. If you believe they are semi arboreal due to yours climbing occasionally, than surfers or swimmers must be semiaquatic, right? Do you see your failed logic here? In your original post, you say: "this must be false information". Yes, I'm sure zoologists, wildlife biologists, and taxonomist from around the world have seen your post, and are now going to reclassify the Dumerils GROUND boa. And yes, they are indeed GROUND boas. In their natural habitat, they are almost always found on the GROUND. Did it ever occur to you that maybe in the videos you posted the animals may have been a) placed there, or b) scared, so they climbed into the tree? Now, yes, I was not there so I would not know. Yet neither were you. Have you gone to Madagascar to study these animals? I'm going to assume not. While yes, neither have I, but I'm going to believe every other site and reference I know over an unexperienced so called 'expert' that thinks they know all, when in reality they know nothing, and are only trying to get some attention.

I was going to apologize for such a strongly worded post, but ya know what? I feel strongly about this, so the tone seems just right.

Also, you may want to rethink your husbandry as well. People have tried repeatedly to help you, but you refuse to be helped, and are letting your animal's care suffer because of it. Honestly, you need to get off your high horse and let someone tell you what to do for once.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JessPets For This Useful Post:

PokeyTheNinja (12-26-2017),silverdreams (12-25-2017),the_rotten1 (12-27-2017)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JessPets View Post
    Okay. So you are claiming that Dumerils boas are semi arboreal species, purely based on your boa (which you obviously have not had very long), and a few random YouTube videos? Like others have said, an animal doing something does not make them that thing. If you believe they are semi arboreal due to yours climbing occasionally, than surfers or swimmers must be semiaquatic, right? Do you see your failed logic here? In your original post, you say: "this must be false information". Yes, I'm sure zoologists, wildlife biologists, and taxonomist from around the world have seen your post, and are now going to reclassify the Dumerils GROUND boa. And yes, they are indeed GROUND boas. In their natural habitat, they are almost always found on the GROUND. Did it ever occur to you that maybe in the videos you posted the animals may have been a) placed there, or b) scared, so they climbed into the tree? Now, yes, I was not there so I would not know. Yet neither were you. Have you gone to Madagascar to study these animals? I'm going to assume not. While yes, neither have I, but I'm going to believe every other site and reference I know over an unexperienced so called 'expert' that thinks they know all, when in reality they know nothing, and are only trying to get some attention.

I was going to apologize for such a strongly worded post, but ya know what? I feel strongly about this, so the tone seems just right.

Also, you may want to rethink your husbandry as well. People have tried repeatedly to help you, but you refuse to be helped, and are letting your animal's care suffer because of it. Honestly, you need to get off your high horse and let someone tell you what to do for once.
    Look, if you have a Dumeril boa or Madagascar ground boa and you have the space to give them some branches or perch to climb on just do it. They will make use of it and appreciate it. They are not 100% terrestrial. They climb a lot for sure. No need to discuss this point further.
    What about my husbandry? Every thing is ok with it. I know what i,m doing. There is more than one way to do things. But if you are referring to something in particular i will be happy to hear it.

Thanks
    I'm suspecting some kind of *social/mental disorder. It explains everything, even the other threads. Maybe it is best, just to leave alone the belligerent debate, and the baited opening posts.
    (*not being judgmental, I have a mental disorder myself)
    Last edited by Godzilla78; 12-24-2017 at 07:05 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    I'm suspecting some kind of *social/mental disorder. It explains everything, even the other threads. Maybe it is best, just to leave alone the belligerent debate, and the baited opening posts.
    (*not being judgmental, I have a mental disorder myself)
    Now i have reported you to the admin. Let us see if they will take action

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dutti View Post
    Now i have reported you to the admin. Let us see if they will take action
    Sorry buddy. No offense, just wondering why you interact with everyone on the forum in such a dysfunctional manner.
    You could try accepting others’ points of view, and having a nice discussion, versus a heated, belligerent debate with everyone against you. It seems to be a theme for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

PokeyTheNinja (12-26-2017)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast