Technically, I guess it would have been around somewhere around 56 hours later when he regurgitated... But, yeah... It sucks... The rat I fed him was extra small, but i'm thinking I should have given him at least a couple more weeks before trying to feed him again. I was just concerned about his weight loss and I would have bet money that weatherizing my snake room and getting all of my temps and humidity back to spot on would have remedied his problem. I've been doing a lot more research on snakes regurgitating and it seems to be that 90% of regurgitation issues are caused by husbandry issues, over feeding, handling too soon after eating or over handling in general. In my case, the only one of those that could have caused it would have been my temperatures and humidity (mostly) going crazy for just a few days after it got extremely cold outside before I discovered the cold drafts coming in behind the rack he is in. Since I weatherized, temps (bumped up to about 85 on the hot side) and humidity have been perfect again, though. Maybe he will be alright if I give him a whole month off of food and zero handling and let him settle back in to ideal temps and humidity? I've still been giving him fresh new water treated with Nutribac every 2 days, but I don't have any idea if he has been drinking it or not. All of my Bloods and Short Tails will be turning 2 and 3 years old around June and i've had all of them on a 7 day feeding schedule since day one. Since their metabolism is so slow, do you guys think it might be a good idea to cut them back to 10 - 14 days? The way these guys store food for so long always worries the hell out of me and for a month or so before Dexter started regurgitating he had been looking like he was going to explode. He had completely emptied himself (massively) 4 days after the first time he regurgitated... The only other thing I can think of is maybe I haven't been heating up the frozen/thawed rats enough before feeding? They are definitely always thawed out completely and I heat them up with a heat gun right before feeding and none of my other snakes have ever regurgitated, but maybe they aren't warm enough on the inside sometimes? I don't know...

I want to take him to the vet and I definitely would if it was just a matter of an office call + a treatment and some medication, but according to the research i've been doing on regurgitation, it could require many different series of very expensive tests and lab work to get to the bottom of it. Unfortunately, i've been going through some financial difficulties and I just can't afford hundreds/thousands of dollars for guess work. So, for now, my only option is to hope and prey that some time, TLC and Nutribac will resolve it...