Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,444

1 members and 3,443 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Possible start of scale rot? Red spots showing up?

Thank you! I read your comparison too. Might pick up some herptopia for later use (when she heals). I think I’ll keep her on paper towels for a while though.

that does make sense, I remember feeling the kitty Krumble and I didn’t think think it was all that bad but I guess for her it might’ve been different. I’m hoping she just got irritated and it’s nothing worse than that.

however, that day after she pooed I noticed the darker red spot on her belly (one in the photos). I thought it was new, or maybe I just didn’t see it before. If it started even though she’s already on paper towels, then I would think it’s something more serious.... or maybe it just showed up again because she pooped? I did have to wipe off some poo off her sides so she might’ve been near it :|.. hmm

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts

Re: Possible start of scale rot? Red spots showing up?

Quote Originally Posted by elleeee View Post
    Interesting, thank you! I'm wondering if it is a yeast or fungal infection where/how could she have gotten it from and how would I prevent it?

I'm low-key hoping its just like a snake version of acne or something like she's going through her teenager-hormone phase ha ha ha ha ~~

Someone told me that younger albino ball pythons sometimes have pink things show up and its just like a phase thing since it's easier to see on their scales because of their coloration, but I'm not sure if that's true
    Just to make it clear, there is no reason to believe it is fungal or yeast infection. That is just two possibilities. I would treat it as Zina said and consider it irritation for now. See how being on newspaper works to soothe the irritation and just keep an eye on it. If it still gets worse over the period of a few weeks start to think about a vet trip.
    Last edited by SDA; 12-11-2017 at 12:30 PM.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12