I have FINALLY moved into my new house and FINALLY have room to expand my collection out a bit, and FINALLY have some money to do so as well!

I am currently keeping my two BPs on the main floor of our house in a spare room with heat tape running on a VE-200 thermostat. The area is small so there's not a lot of room for growth, and I'd rather make it into an office (which I'm also in need of).

We DO have a fully finished 1800 square foot basement part of which is now my husband's obligatory man cave, and part of which will be my new reptile room. The only issue is that, while the basement remains a bit more humid than the rest of the house, it also stays quite a bit cooler - average temp has been around 66-67 degrees.

Most of my experience with scale kids has been in keeping them in tubs/rack systems, but I'm going to be moving away from that and getting PVC cages for the current animals, as well as a couple for future purchases. Not having a lot of experience with these cages, I'd like advice on keeping them in cooler conditions - will I need to purchase a fixture in the cage for a ceramic heater as well as belly heat? Would a radiant heat panel produce enough heat to keep temps where they need to be? The space is big and not partitioned off, so a space heater is probably out of the question.

Looking for thoughts from people that have conquered this?