Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,353

2 members and 3,351 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: Terrarium Size

Thanks

Terrarium Size

My ball has been in a 30 gallon for four years. He has grown out of the medium hides so I got the next size larger, and I cannot fit two nor create a warm and cold side in the 30 gallon. I was under the impression they could live in a 30 gallon for life. Am I wrong? I get the reptile basics ones because they are easy to clean and seem to be very comfy for my snake. Is there another one that is more sensible?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    There are 29 gallon tanks that are 30 inches long by 12 inches wide and 30 gallon breeder that are 36 inches long by 18 inches wide. How long and wide is your tank? 36x18" should be the minimum you could keep an adult in but most people eventually graduate to slightly longer and wider. If you rae indeed running out of room, I would venture a guess that you actually have a 29 gallon tank.

For example, two common enclosures:

Exo Terra large terrariums are 36x18 x either 12" or 18" high depending on the low profile or not.

Animal Plastic T10 enclosures are 4 feet x 2 feet x 15 inches high.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

Thanks

Re: Terrarium Size

I imagine it is time to get a larger one. My two tanks fit perfectly next to each other on the credenza. My king is in the other. Gonna have to find some room. Thanks. Any suggestions on a good company to get a larger tank from?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    Animal Plastics, Reptile Basics, Boaphile, Boa Master. These are the 4 biggest PVC cage manufactures. Just for comparison, new glass enclosures by Exo Terra can actually be more expensive than PVC cages.

Most popular is Animal Plastics. T10 is the common size people like for ball pythons. They have options that are good to get like key lock, LED lighting, and if you live in a cooler climate, flexwatt UTH.

Radiant Heat Panels are sold by Reptile Basics and Pro Products. I can't say which is better as to me both are identical.

Thermostats to control heating are herpstat by spyder robotics and Vivarium Electronics by Reptile Basics.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SDA For This Useful Post:

GoingPostal (11-27-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahSnake View Post
    I imagine it is time to get a larger one. My two tanks fit perfectly next to each other on the credenza. My king is in the other. Gonna have to find some room. Thanks. Any suggestions on a good company to get a larger tank from?
    Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post

For example, two common enclosures:

Exo Terra large terrariums are 36x18 x either 12" or 18" high depending on the low profile or not.

Animal Plastic T10 enclosures are 4 feet x 2 feet x 15 inches high.
    SDA gave you two solid recommendations. Both would require you to order them (most likely) though. Animal plastics, unless you live close, is online only. Petco or petsmart can usually order in exo-terra large sizes, but also may have what is usually called a "40 gallon breeder" (also 36" x 18").

You could upgrade both your ball python and kingsnake to animal plastics enclosures, then just stack them on top of each other. Depending on the type of kingsnake, they could use the room as well.

Thanks

I have some great products that work quite well for husbandry in general, I just need to go bigger. I'll look at all of those options. Thanks so much.