Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,326

2 members and 3,324 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries

Let's Talk Infinity War - SPOILERS!!!!!

I saw it Saturday night in Imax. Definitely worth the expense. Here are my random thoughts on it.

I didn't expect Loki to die in the first scene. Hymdal I could see but not Loki. Hulk getting his butt handed to him by Thanos was fun. I am a little disappointed that was all the Hulk we got.

Thanos winning at the end didn't surprise me. Those that died did. I thought it was a mistake to have Spiderman and Black Panther "die" since we know they have sequels in the works. To me that removes any sense of dread from the whole things because you know that they will be brought back and presumably everyone else.

Thanos is now the best marvel villain by far. Sorry Loki. This was really his movie. I like how they added depth to his character that his comic version simply doesn't have.

I assume Dr Strange gave Thanos the time stone because that was the one scenario he saw where they actually won.

Iron Spider was awesome.

Thor with GotG was gold. Every time he called Rocket "Rabbit" was great.

There better be a good explanation for why Hulk didn't wanna come out after getting beat up.

Totally didn't expect Red Skull at all. Too bad it wasn't Hugo Weaving.

I think Loki, Hymdal, and Gamora's deaths will stick.

Given the parallels between Thanos and Iron man's story arcs, I think in order for the Avengers to get to use the Gauntlet to set things back to normal they have to make a sacrifice to the Soul Stone like Thanos did. My money is on Cap since Chris Evans says he is done playing the role in Avengers 4.

Thor coming in to the Wakanda battle after getting his new weapon was so epic.

I definitely want to go see this again in the theater. I rarely say that anymore.

Nitpicks:

- How did Captain America know where Vision and Scarlet Witch were?

- Where did Scarlet Witch's accent go?

- Vision was hit hard with the nerf bat. No way he should have beaten like he was.

- Tony Stark says it has been since years since the events in Avengers 1. But the Spiderman move said it took place 8 years after that. I read that the Spiderman movie was wrong though.
    Last edited by MasonC2K; 04-30-2018 at 08:01 AM.
    - Mason

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MasonC2K For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (04-30-2018)

Thanks

Re: Let's Talk Infinity War - SPOILERS!!!!!

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 is confirmed too if I understand correctly. No way they'd just be keeping Rocket for that one. Basically has to be assumed that everyone who died via dissolution is extremely likely to come back. I think they may have had just too many of them in already confirmed movies to limit themselves to dissolving the unconfirmed ones.

I'm kind of inclined to think that Gamora will be back somehow eventually, whether in Avengers 4 or Guardians 3. She's the only female main character in Guardians and basically the best female character the marvel movies currently have (excepting anyone in Black Panther - didn't get a chance to see that, hear there are some good ones). Are they really going to give that up? Heimdall and Loki might stay dead though.

1.0 Pastel yellowbelly ball python -Pipsy
    2.0 Checkered garter snakes - Hazama & Relius
    1.0 Dumeril's boa - Bazil

Thanks
    I was able to see it in 4D which was an absolutely amazing experience and has forever ruined regular movie watching for me!

I was expecting Loki's death but it still made me sad. Especially when he added "son of Odin" to his titles. I hated how he acted like he was loyal to Thanos and then attempted an attack. Far too predictable and quite obvious that Thanos would see right through his deception.

Drax had so many good lines! I love him. I also loved when Thor called Rocket "sweet rabbit".

I almost cried when Spiderman was telling Tony that he didn't want to go. I'm 90% sure that he will be brought back in part 2 but it that scene hurt my heart! Also how Bucky's last line was "Steve?"
    Winry-Pastel Vanilla BP

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

Mason, great points and thoughts! Was also surprised by how quickly the first few deaths happened but they felt valid. The Ebony Maw was such a neat villain. Vision did feel... weak.

Quote Originally Posted by MasonC2K View Post
    I thought it was a mistake to have Spiderman and Black Panther "die" since we know they have sequels in the works.
    and all the Guardians as well. We know there's another movie coming. That was also my b/f's first statement - we know they come back so it was devastating to see happen but we all know it'll be undone.

If they pull a 'who shot J.R./Dallas fix' I'll be quite disappointed - as in 'it was all a dream' - a vision Mantis made him have of winning. I'm not sure how they can bring them all back without it feeling cheap.

While the ending was sad, I loved it. Thanos was amazing, Josh Brolin did such a great job with the character. They said all along once he got at least 3 stones he was basically unbeatable. Still kept expecting the Avengers to win in the end, cause that's what they do (!) so was still gutted and shocked when that didn't happen (The entire theater was shocked to silence). I love an un-happy ending however.

That scene with Thor coming down full of lighting and fury at the final battle was my favorite scene, so epic.

I don't think they can bring Gamora back. Friend had a theory that the soul stone Thanos got was a 'fake'. That's her theory though, I don't buy it.

Most likely will go see it again, also something we don't do too often. Really amazing movie.
    Last edited by AbsoluteApril; 04-30-2018 at 01:59 PM.
    For the Horde!

Thanks

With reality warping and time rewinds, the latter of which already brought vision back for thanos to kill him, they already have plenty of better options than "it was a vision/dream," so I don't think there's much fear of that. Apparently comics Soul stone can hold souls and she got brought back from there at least once, so there's that out for Gamora.

1.0 Pastel yellowbelly ball python -Pipsy
    2.0 Checkered garter snakes - Hazama & Relius
    1.0 Dumeril's boa - Bazil

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kcl For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (04-30-2018)