Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,236

1 members and 3,235 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Re: Is Major a normal?

Quote Originally Posted by illaoi View Post
    what kind of idiotic logic is that. as far as you know the person he got it from unambiguously told him it was a normal and only after the fact his cousin said it wasn't a normal. if the person was being deceitful he would have said it was a pastel het pied, seeing as there is just so much controversy regarding the morph

fallacy of composition ftw
    who would take a spider or pastel to the vet and pay 4 digits when you can get a pastel or spider for $30
    This guy just wants to get kicked out of here. Please give him his wish. I can never get back the half second it took me to read his garbage.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stocksy View Post
    How would that determine if Major is het or not? If i bred him to a visual pied, wouldn't their offspring be visual anyways? Thank you for complimenting my snakes. I love them! Lol. From what i have been told, is it safe to say i have a Pastel?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

if you bred a het recessive gene to a visual you'd get half pied babies

if you bred him to a visual and got no pied babies you can be almost certain he's not het

ex. 5 baby clutch hetXvisual the odds of getting a pied are almost 97%

6 babies 98.5%

7 babies 99.22% chance 1 will be pied if het X visual

3. The Following User Says Thank You to illaoi For This Useful Post:

Stocksy (11-09-2017)

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

who would take a spider or pastel to the vet and pay 4 digits when you can get a pastel or spider for $30
    To answer your absurd question, a human.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Alicia (11-09-2017),Ax01 (11-09-2017),dr del (11-09-2017),hilabeans (11-10-2017),MissterDog (11-10-2017),purepearl (11-11-2017),silverdreams (11-11-2017),tttaylorrr (11-09-2017),Wharf Rat (11-10-2017)

Thanks

I would. I am attached to my snakes and not taking them to the vets and just buying a new one would be pure idiotic. It's like you're throwing it out and replacing it with another.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stocksy For This Useful Post:

Alicia (11-09-2017),Ax01 (11-09-2017),hilabeans (11-10-2017),JodanOrNoDan (11-09-2017),MissterDog (11-10-2017),tegu (11-11-2017)

Thanks

Illaoi, who would pay 4 digits to help a common snake? I would. I have a completely normal BP as far as I know. But she is part of my family. They are living beings, not your lifeless toys. You shouldn't be allowed to own animals with that attitude. Oh, and remember that there are 6 billion normal/common type humans on this planet so why should anyone waste time or money on you?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zach_este93 For This Useful Post:

purepearl (11-11-2017),Stocksy (11-09-2017)

Banned
    Thanks

I would. I am attached to my snakes and not taking them to the vets and just buying a new one would be pure idiotic. It's like you're throwing it out and replacing it with another.

would you sell your car and house in exchange for a snake's life? would you go homeless? go without food?
    your virtue has constraints like anyone else's. please don't judge.

Thanks

if you bred a het recessive gene to a visual you'd get half pied babies

if you bred him to a visual and got no pied babies you can be almost certain he's not het

ex. 5 baby clutch hetXvisual the odds of getting a pied are almost 97%

6 babies 98.5%

7 babies 99.22% chance 1 will be pied if het X visual
    I will keep that in mind for future reference. The het side if things seems a little complicated right now. Lol. Het or not, he is my gorgous boy! He's only 18 months. Or so i was told.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zach_este93 View Post
    Illaoi, who would pay 4 digits to help a common snake? I would. I have a completely normal BP as far as I know. But she is part of my family. They are living beings, not your lifeless toys. You shouldn't be allowed to own animals with that attitude. Oh, and remember that there are 6 billion normal/common type humans on this planet so why should anyone waste time or money on you?

see my last post and take care not to fall off your horse as you do. it's a long drop.

Thanks

would you sell your car and house in exchange for a snake's life? would you go homeless? go without food?
    your virtue has constraints like anyone else's. please don't judge.
    They are my pets and i wouldn't replace them if they got ill. Same as i wouldn't replace my dog or any pet i have just cos they was ill.

Banned
    Thanks

I will keep that in mind for future reference. The het side if things seems a little complicated right now. Lol. Het or not, he is my gorgous boy! He's only 18 months. Or so i was told.

familiarize yourself with punnet squares. genetics can be very complicated, but for a simple recessive they are not.

basically the heterozygous snake will give an allele for pied or an allele for normal, because it is het (different alleles- normal and pied)

the visual will give only a pied allele because it is homozygous (the alleles are the same- both pied)

so in one baby the alleles determining pied of not will come from snake 1 (the het) and be either normal or pied and from snake 2 (visual) and be either pied or pied.

you get a pied when both alleles are pied. it is necessarily pied in the visual (because it does not offer a normal allele) so what you're left with is a normal allele and a pied allele from the other snake. 1/2. 50% chance for each baby to be pied.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast