Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,695

2 members and 2,693 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,120
Threads: 248,562
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Luke50585
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Is Major a normal?

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Sounds like you are doing the right thing, just don't have them near each other or crawling over the same surfaces.
    I wont. How long should they stay apart for? I would like to breed them next year once i increase my knowledge about them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stocksy View Post
    I wont. How long should they stay apart for? I would like to breed them next year once i increase my knowledge about them.

I quarantine for three months. Here is a thread on the subject. https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...antine-process
    Honest, I only need one more ...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Brownspidey (11-09-2017),Stocksy (11-08-2017)

Thanks

I quarantine for three months. Here is a thread on the subject. https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...antine-process
    I didn't realise people went all out putting snakes in quarentine. Mine are basically quarentined. Lol. They are in seperate rooms, have their own stuff, their own kitchen roll and i refill the sink to wash their RUBs. I don't go to the extreme like changing my clothes though, or seperate them so they don't share the same air( that sounds insane!) People who do handle my snakes use disinfectant before and after.

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

I didn't realise people went all out putting snakes in quarentine. Mine are basically quarentined. Lol. They are in seperate rooms, have their own stuff, their own kitchen roll and i refill the sink to wash their RUBs. I don't go to the extreme like changing my clothes though, or seperate them so they don't share the same air( that sounds insane!) People who do handle my snakes use disinfectant before and after.

I agree, when you have two snakes it sounds crazy. When you have 10's of thousands of dollars invested in them and thousands of man hours it is not crazy any more. There are certain diseases that are not curable and very contagious. You can loose everything with one little mistake. Many of us also run totally redundant systems so that if we have an equipment failure nothing happens.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

Thanks

I agree, when you have two snakes it sounds crazy. When you have 10's of thousands of dollars invested in them and thousands of man hours it is not crazy any more. There are certain diseases that are not curable and very contagious. You can loose everything with one little mistake. Many of us also run totally redundant systems so that if we have an equipment failure nothing happens.
    I would love to get to that kind of level, but that would take me many, many years! I actually have 3 snakes. I also have a corn snake, but that is more for the mrs. I prefer BPs cos they just look amazing and both of mine are gorgeous!

Thanks

I will get a pic up later.

The tail end of my male.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

It does appear that those are "het" markers but like Eric said they are not a definite statement. The main way to find out or "prove" out the possible het pied is to breed the animal to a visual pied or another "proven het pied".They are both nice looking animals and I agree on the pastel id on the one in question.
    Last edited by Albert Clark; 11-09-2017 at 02:20 PM.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert Clark For This Useful Post:

Stocksy (11-09-2017)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Alan View Post
    Definitely at least a Pastel.

If he was purchased as a Normal het Pied and the "Normal" part is in question (which it is), I would be questioning the "het Pied" part as well if I were in your shoes. Just some food for thought.

what kind of idiotic logic is that. as far as you know the person he got it from unambiguously told him it was a normal and only after the fact his cousin said it wasn't a normal. if the person was being deceitful he would have said it was a pastel het pied, seeing as there is just so much controversy regarding the morph

fallacy of composition ftw

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    It does appear that those are "het" markers but like Eric said they are not a definite statement. The main way to find out or "prove" out the possible het pied is to breed the animal to a visual pied or another "proven het pied".They are both nice looking animals and I agree on the pastel id on the one in question.
    How would that determine if Major is het or not? If i bred him to a visual pied, wouldn't their offspring be visual anyways? Thank you for complimenting my snakes. I love them! Lol. From what i have been told, is it safe to say i have a Pastel?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stocksy For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (11-09-2017)

Banned
    Thanks

Yes quarantine. They shouldn't be near each other for about three months. An oops can cost vet bills is the four digit range.

who would take a spider or pastel to the vet and pay 4 digits when you can get a pastel or spider for $30

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast