Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,298

1 members and 3,297 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Closet incubator?

I'm thinking about converting my snake rooms closet into an incubator. Has anyone here done this? Can you please post photos? It's not a huge closet so keeping temps stable shouldn't be a problem at all. Planning on using flex watt for heating instead of oil filled heater that I've read a lot of people use. Also how can I do this without creating any hotspots and making sure the very bottom is the same temps as the very top? Thanks in advance???

Thanks

Re: Closet incubator?

I don't believe the closet is insulated sufficiently to avoid temperature fluctuations. Also, the closet would need a insulated door with an airtight seal Why not just buy a broken wine cooler, modify it to be your incubator, and keep it in your closet? Your idea could work but would require a great deal of time and thought to make it a reality.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to piedpiperballs For This Useful Post:

Brownspidey (11-08-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piedpiperballs View Post
    I don't believe the closet is insulated sufficiently to avoid temperature fluctuations. Also, the closet would need a insulated door with an airtight seal Why not just buy a broken wine cooler, modify it to be your incubator, and keep it in your closet?
    I know for a fact that lots of people convert closets into incubators with perfect results in keeping temps stable. I already have a professionally made hotbox incubator but After this season I need something bigger and rather save the 1000+ dollars for more snakes instead of getting a bigger one. It's not a walk in closet it's small. Probably 3'x3' and the height of probably your average doorway. Also no exterior walls which is good. Can easily be heated with just flexwatt along the back and bottom, just need to insulate alittle. Was just looking for some ideas/pics cause I know there's definitely more people on here that have done it!

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by highqualityballz View Post
    save the 1000+ dollars
    ??? I have less than $400 in my incubator including heat tape and thermostat. Huge stand up freezer with a glass door.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

save the 1000+ dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    ??? I have less than $400 in my incubator including heat tape and thermostat. Huge stand up freezer with a glass door.
    at that price point, i'm assuming highqualityballz previously the 48inch hotbox incubator. i think highqualityballz has big plans and alotta clutches on the way and needs something that can hold more than 25 egg boxes! sounds exciting!!
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    . i think highqualityballz has big plans and alotta clutches on the way and needs something that can hold more than 25 egg boxes! sounds exciting!!
    Mine will actually max out at 40 of the 6q tubs
    Last edited by PitOnTheProwl; 11-06-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Thanks

at that price point, i'm assuming highqualityballz previously the 48inch hotbox incubator. i think highqualityballz has big plans and alotta clutches on the way and needs something that can hold more than 25 egg boxes! sounds exciting!!
    Wrong but nice try buddy. I have the 36" which is around $900 something shipped to me. Not 100% sure if your trolling or not and if you are Keep your sarcasm on someone else's thread.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

I just googled "turn closet into incubator" and this guide came up. No idea how good of an incubator this makes though.

https://www.americanmadeexotics.com/...onversion.html

And if I were you, I would just DIY build another incubator using an old fridge or wine cooler off craigslist or something. It sure saves a lot of money and time either way, if that's your goal.

Also how can I do this without creating any hotspots and making sure the very bottom is the same temps as the very top?
    You need to install a fan.
    Last edited by redshepherd; 11-06-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks

Also if you actually read the post I said AFTER this season I need a bigger incubator, not because I will need it right away but to grow into. Not gonna explain myself though!
    Last edited by highqualityballz; 11-06-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    I just googled "turn closet into incubator" and this guide came up. No idea how good of an incubator this makes though.

https://www.americanmadeexotics.com/...onversion.html

And if I were you, I would just DIY build another incubator using an old fridge or wine cooler off craigslist or something. It sure saves a lot of money and time either way, if that's your goal.

You need to install a fan.
    Thanks for an actual answer! I came across that too, only one I found lol. Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast