Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,328

1 members and 3,327 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Can't decide on which albino morph. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by illaoi View Post
    you were wrong. my argument stands and you could easily buy an adult het albino and have babies very soon after your male is a year or so old. so it's actually less time. other guy who said to get females first IS WRONG AND A NOOB

When your female takes a BARE minimum of 30 months to reach the minimum breeding weight (and actually 36 months is ideal and still followed by many) ....you want to buy your females first when your intention is breeding either now OR the future.... EVERY time. Breeders do not cough up mature females with good genetic potential without some serious $$$ on the table. Sure you may be able to find a mature het, but then you also aren't guaranteed that SHE will lay either.

You can have a 1 1/2 year male ready to go, but then you STILL have to find at least a 3 year female to pair him with .....ever price mature females from breeders?.....they don't like to give them away for obvious reasons het or not.

The "other guy" who said to get females first is an actual breeder.....
    Last edited by KevinK; 11-06-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    When your female takes a BARE minimum of 30 months to reach the minimum breeding weight (and actually 36 months is ideal and still followed by many) ....you want to buy your females first when your intention is breeding either now OR the future.... EVERY time.

You can have a 1 1/2 year male ready to go, but then you STILL have to find at least a 3 year female to pair him with .....ever price mature females from breeders?.....they don't like to give them away for obvious reasons het or not.

The "other guy" who said to get females first is an actual breeder.....

yep price them on morphmarket. there are several 2012-2014 het albino females on there right now for $75-100

you are wrong. sorry to say. buy one male and you can breed it to 10 females and make many albinos or buy 1 female and hope that everything goes well and you get 6 eggs. hehe. you are WRONG
    i like how you said have you ever priced mature females like they go for some exorbitant price. you can find mature females on morphmarket for pretty reasonable prices. you're just a noob acting like you know something

by the way there is a mature albino female on mm now for $310 which is only $60 more than a lot of the yearling females go for you noob. i can tell you're a beginner
    Last edited by illaoi; 11-06-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Thanks

you are wrong. sorry to say. buy one male and you can breed it to 10 females and make many albinos or buy 1 female and hope that everything goes well and you get 6 eggs. hehe. you are WRONG
    Opinions are neat..........

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MmmBanana For This Useful Post:

KevinK (11-06-2017)

Thanks

you are wrong. sorry to say. buy one male and you can breed it to 10 females and make many albinos or buy 1 female and hope that everything goes well and you get 6 eggs. r

Yeah, when I need help with League of Legends strategy maybe I'll contact you, but not for BP breeding advice ....noob

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevinK For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (11-10-2017),redshepherd (11-06-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    I only see one albino female that's 1500 grams (or more) on Morphmarket for $400. There's no photo. They usually go fast, I actually bought the last one that was posted. All the other ones are over $1,000. Looks like there are only a dozen for sale (out of 221) that are older than a year and it looks like only 6 or 7 are over 1500 grams, most are over $1,000. Not much to choose from. Try finding a clown female that's up to breeding weight, you can't. The only way to get into most mid range / higher end projects is to buy the females as hatchlings or yearlings and wait it out. If you are looking for normals, lessers, or spiders you can buy big females for cheap all day long.

Thanks

you are wrong. sorry to say .... hehe. you are WRONG .... you're just a noob acting like you know something
    .... i can tell you're a beginner

I'm sorry.. but are you my brother?? I mean seriously, you sound just like he does when he's having a political argument on Minecraft...

No offense to you of course, but if you can't make your point without telling someone that their opinion is "wrong" and that they're a "noob" at least three times in one paragraph, then I don't think that anyone is going to take what you say seriously.
    Last edited by Joci; 11-06-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Ball Pythons

1.0 Normal (Fírnen)

Wishlist
    Pokigron Suriname BCC
    Mexican Black Kingsnake

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

you were wrong. my argument stands and you could easily buy an adult het albino and have babies very soon after your male is a year or so old. so it's actually less time. other guy who said to get females first IS WRONG AND A NOOB
    Your argument was the male could throw around the albino gene, as could the future male they buy, so there's your argument gone already. Now my internet gaming lingo might be a little rusty, but I'll do my best. Buying the low lvl male first with the intention of breeding in the given time frame severely limits what you can buy as an high lvl adult. Sure you can buy het albinos and make dupes of your enchi albinos at best. But you aren't going to see OP multi combo females very often and if you do they cost a premium, damn P2W. Having a female enchi albino already leaves your possibilities pretty much endless, as you can craft it into anything. For example a Pied het albino male for an enchi pied albino project is a few hundred dollars and very available at the shop, but a epic breedable pied het albino female, if you even found one for sale (I suggest pure magic find build) , would be well over a thousand, possibly even 2k. Stick around newbie, we'll show ya a thing or 2.

P0WN3D

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

Hikari (11-06-2017),tegu (11-06-2017),tttaylorrr (11-06-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    Your argument was the male could throw around the albino gene, as could the future male they buy, so there's your argument gone already. Now my internet gaming lingo might be a little rusty, but I'll do my best. Buying the low lvl male first with the intention of breeding in the given time frame severely limits what you can buy as an high lvl adult. Sure you can buy het albinos and make dupes of your enchi albinos at best. But you aren't going to see OP multi combo females very often and if you do they cost a premium, damn P2W. Having a female enchi albino already leaves your possibilities pretty much endless, as you can craft it into anything. For example a Pied het albino male for an enchi pied albino project is a few hundred dollars and very available at the shop, but a epic breedable pied het albino female, if you even found one for sale (I suggest pure magic find build) , would be well over a thousand, possibly even 2k. Stick around newbie, we'll show ya a thing or 2.P0WN3D
    This thread turned into a wild ride. XD OWAL, As a gamer, can confirm your gaming lingo is on point.

I love how illaoi assumes I'd just be able to produce a breeding female out of thin air, or that I have the space for a bunch of males right now in the first place. I currently have space for one BP, as I do not plan on keeping any permanent snakes in tubs. My breeders would also be my pets, and kept in non-tub enclosures. That's just how I roll. I'd also breed more for fun than profit, and I'd have to be able to rehome the hatchlings I produced, so small clutches would be preferable for me, tbh.

Also, to show I've been doing some homework, here's how my ideal Albino Enchi Pied breeding project would go (if the breeding calculators are correct):

Breed female Albino Enchi to male Albino Pied, get 50/50 shot of Albinos/Albino Enchis that are 100% het for pied. Good chance I'd get what I needed from first breeding, even with a small clutch.
    Breed successful offspring to another albino pied (or breed a female back to the dad, but I'm not sure inbreeding would sit well with me), for 25% chance at Albino Enchi Pied.

Plus side, no chances to get a non-albino (cause I love me some albinos), and it has the highest chances of success in the least amount of generations, involving a grand total of two/three snakes. Downside, albino pieds run over $1000 right now, which is why I currently can't afford to try. Still, fast forward 2-3 years, when my female is breeding size...that albino pied price may go down. A male wouldn't take nearly as long to catch up. Taadaa! Breeding project get, assuming I'd still want to try for that particular combo.

...could the experienced breeders chime in on if this is a sound theory? I know sometimes the calculators have quirks. I also know some breeders will breed back to parents to refine a morph, but I'm still researching the effects this could have on offspring. Of course, this is all strictly theoretical as of right now, but hey, a learning opportunity is a learning opportunity, and I'm gonna take it!
    Last edited by Hikari; 11-06-2017 at 05:25 PM.

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Before you start name calling, show the math as to why you think you are right.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari View Post
    This thread turned into a wild ride. XD OWAL, As a gamer, can confirm your gaming lingo is on point.

I love how illaoi assumes I'd just be able to produce a breeding female out of thin air, or that I have the space for a bunch of males right now in the first place. I currently have space for one BP, as I do not plan on keeping any permanent snakes in tubs. My breeders would also be my pets, and kept in non-tub enclosures. That's just how I roll. I'd also breed more for fun than profit, and I'd have to be able to rehome the hatchlings I produced, so small clutches would be preferable for me, tbh.

Also, to show I've been doing some homework, here's how my ideal Albino Enchi Pied breeding project would go (if the breeding calculators are correct):

Breed female Albino Enchi to male Albino Pied, get 50/50 shot of Albinos/Albino Enchis that are 100% het for pied. Good chance I'd get what I needed from first breeding, even with a small clutch.
    Breed successful offspring to another albino pied (or breed a female back to the dad, but I'm not sure inbreeding would sit well with me), for 25% chance at Albino Enchi Pied.

Plus side, no chances to get a non-albino (cause I love me some albinos), and it has the highest chances of success in the least amount of generations, involving a grand total of two/three snakes. Downside, albino pieds run over $1000 right now, which is why I currently can't afford to try. Still, fast forward 2-3 years, when my female is breeding size...that albino pied price may go down. A male wouldn't take nearly as long to catch up. Taadaa! Breeding project get, assuming I'd still want to try for that particular combo.

...could the experienced breeders chime in on if this is a sound theory? I know sometimes the calculators have quirks. I also know some breeders will breed back to parents to refine a morph, but I'm still researching the effects this could have on offspring. Of course, this is all strictly theoretical as of right now, but hey, a learning opportunity is a learning opportunity, and I'm gonna take it!
    Buying females first is almost always the right thing to do if you plan to breed. Because we are talking about albino's, a possible mistake could be buying too young a snake. I would really try to get one that is at least a full year old. You want a high contrast animal. Also if you want really good looking animals, I would chase Candy's or Lavenders instead of normal albinos.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast