Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,294

0 members and 3,294 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Cool Hottest genes in the market

Which are the Hottest genes in the market right now?

which are the genes that everyone wants to get? and also what project do you think is the best to invest in?

thanks
    Last edited by fLako0aGuiiLaR; 10-20-2017 at 07:49 PM.
    -Chris

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    hottest genes that no can afford? Scaleless Head and Scaleless and Sunsets.

hottest morphs/combos IMO are Highway/Freeway, multigene Clowns and OD Pied combos. hottest up and coming are Mahogany's, Bongo's, Spotnose, Het Red Axanthic/Red Axanthic and Axanthic recessive combos.

the hottest consistent genes are Leopard, Banana/CG and any Pieds.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts
    Super Pastel Piebalds are the next big rage, just ask Chuck Norris.
    Last edited by Godzilla78; 10-20-2017 at 09:24 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Hottest genes in the market

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    hottest genes that no can afford? Scaleless Head
    IDK that I would call ScalelessHead unaffordable. Expensive, yes, but not "cost of a car" expensive.

Cypress seems to be pretty hot right now. OD is always in demand. Sunset (as mentioned), Acid, and Rainbow are fairly high end and all look to have really strong potential
    actagggcagtgatatcctagcattgatggtacatggcaaattaacctcatgat

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    I'd say Clowns and Pieds are the top two hottest that will always be in demand. Why? Because they blend well with other genes. Some people chase the newest genes like Rainbow, Acid and Sunset, mainly because they are newcomers to the market and pretty cool stand alone morphs, but I'm not too sure they will combine with other genes to make as many impressive combos as Clowns and Pieds (time will tell). I think the ability to blend to make a variety of beautiful impressive combos is what it's all about.

The Highway / Freeway is a niche market, makes a lot of really cool combos, but unless you have supers it's hard to hit a whole clutch of them. Plus when you breed a Highway to a normal you can't tell the difference between the yellow belly and Gravel / Asphalt babies, they all pretty much look normal, another spin in the combo that turns people off (I think).

Scaleless is probably the next big hit coming down the pipe. It basically reset the market and now you can do everything in scaleless, I would say that's another great investment with long term potential. You can pick up scaleless head normals now for about $1,000 and the price is coming down as we go, so not so out of reach of most people any more. You can breed them to your old normal females and get a pretty nice return from those normals!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    Well there is the strong possibility that the hot genes you get that might need a few years to have those snakes mature to get to breeding age may cool down by the time you get them breeding. Super pastel (might not be something to qualify as genetic stock), cinnamon, acid, sunset, and of course scaleless head. Enchi, spider, pastel, and lesser are solid bases to create some killer morphs.

Right now BEL are the "new hotness" but personally I think they are insanely over rated. Now give me a solid black morph and I will be super excited.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    you can't really go by price you have to look at future demand also. Scaleless has a far more limited market than most morphs. While rainbows command a high price, many think its over rated. Personally I think a solid top tier investment would be sunset. However that might be out of most peoples price range. I think super orange dream, cypress are pretty solid investments right now. Clown and pied combos are still in demand and show no sign of slowing down.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    you can't really go by price you have to look at future demand also. Scaleless has a far more limited market than most morphs. While rainbows command a high price, many think its over rated. Personally I think a solid top tier investment would be sunset. However that might be out of most peoples price range. I think super orange dream, cypress are pretty solid investments right now. Clown and pied combos are still in demand and show no sign of slowing down.
    I agree with this except for one thing. Visual Sunsets are way expensive but a het male is not that bad. And while it will take longer working with hets investment wise a het male will pay for himself before you even produce a visual.

Also. What about hurricane. Not many people are working with it in the USA I just got mine and she's going to my sunset project.
    Last edited by StillBP; 10-23-2017 at 02:04 PM.
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StillBP View Post
    Also. What about hurricane. Not many people are working with it in the USA I just got mine and she's going to my sunset project.
    It has potential to be something, but havn't seen much game changing from it yet. I would call it a high risk until that game changing combo gets shown. I did forget about monsoon tho, thats another I would think is a solid investment.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    It has potential to be something, but havn't seen much game changing from it yet. I would call it a high risk until that game changing combo gets shown. I did forget about monsoon tho, thats another I would think is a solid investment.
    Yes I also forgot about monsoon. But add it to the unaffordable list right now

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast