Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,426

3 members and 3,423 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone! All of this information is really great! I think I will definitely go with the T8, and maybe even the T10. I just have my one guy right now, but knowing that they are stackable is excellent information for the future. Also, I have been convinced to not get the screen! The response on that was overwhelming.

AP's website is kind of a pain to handle. I don't even see an option for purchasing LED lights anywhere on their site. When I was talking to them at NARBC, it seemed as though I could do the ordering over the phone. Is that how people typically have ordered with them?

Thanks

Re: Best Animal Plastics setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Go with a T10. I have 3 T10s, 3 T8s and 3 T25s and for my 4.5' female BP, i use a T10 with a shelf. T8s will work but i personally feel they are kind of short. I use them for my baby or juvenile boas but a T10 with a shelf will give your BP lots of stuff to do and they will use a shelf if provided with one.

As for heating, it depends how cold your room gets. If it stays above 75F, then flexwatt should be plenty. If it drops below 75F, then i would use a RHP.

And i would for sure get the LEDs installed. They look really nice and are clean and recessed into the top so there are not wires or anything for the snake to pull down.

You dont need any more venting than the supplied ones. Dont add any circle cut screens or anything.

RHPs are installed on the top inside of the cage on one side. If you opt for one over flexwatt, then you can have Pro Product drop ship it to AP and they will install it.

Personally all my cages are the same setup as in sliding glass doors, locks, LEDs, shelf and flexwatt.

Here is a pic of the T8s compared to T10s to give you an idea. The top 2 are T8s and the bottom 2 are T10s.
    Sauzo, I aspire to have a setup like yours!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts

I've used the email system to get in touch with them. Ali answers every message, but it's usually at night before she gets to them. You could shoot them an email today with all of your specs, and by tomorrow morning she should respond with a quote and directions for placing your order. Or you could just call her.

The LED lights are not listed on their website yet.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hilabeans For This Useful Post:

Moshimaru (10-13-2017)

Thanks

You'll notice a trend in the herp community where website evolution stopped right around the good old year of 2002 or so....

I always emailed AP. Order turnaround time was not speedy for me, but I didn't mind.....it just made it all the better when I got that giant Fedex box in the mail.

I recommend calling Pro Products......I can't remember the owner's name but the information he gave me was worth it's weight in gold about setting up your cage and the heating requirements needed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinK For This Useful Post:

Moshimaru (10-13-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moshimaru View Post
    Thanks everyone! All of this information is really great! I think I will definitely go with the T8, and maybe even the T10. I just have my one guy right now, but knowing that they are stackable is excellent information for the future. Also, I have been convinced to not get the screen! The response on that was overwhelming.

AP's website is kind of a pain to handle. I don't even see an option for purchasing LED lights anywhere on their site. When I was talking to them at NARBC, it seemed as though I could do the ordering over the phone. Is that how people typically have ordered with them?
    I spoke with Ali through e-mail Wed. and she said they are SLAMMED right now. With Tinley adding additional orders they are going to be VERY BUSY for a while to say the least. She's doing all she can to catch and keep up with phone calls and e-mails so be patient with her and she'll do everything she can for you. You can talk with her about options for your enclosure (LED's, glass doors, locks, etc...) when you get that phone call.

Their website is in need of an upgrade and she admitted it needed to be done when I spoke with her in February. When that happens I would expect pricing will change as well as they haven't had time to update the webpage due to their web developer not working for them any longer if I remember correctly.

They truly offer a superior enclosure at a great price in my opinion and if takes a little longer for delivery, I'll wait. LOL
    Last edited by BR8080; 10-13-2017 at 11:50 AM.
    Ball Python
    0.1 Lesser (Lucille) local pet store
    Boas
    0.1 Caulkers Cay (CC) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Sunglow het moonglow (Sonny) from Dustin Dirnberger
    1.0 BCI - DH Sharp Snow (Bob) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa (Babylon) from Ike Lightener (Ike's Exotics & Aquatics)
    Pythons
    0.0.1 Unknown/undocumented rescue (Roger)
    Northern White Lip (Solo)
    Cats

1.1 Domestic short hair (Esther and James)
    Snake Wishlist
    Drymarchon Malanurus (Black Tail Cribno)
    SD/D Retic
    Woma or Black Headed Python
    Other Reptile Wishlist
    Poison dart frogs

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BR8080 For This Useful Post:

cfd701 (01-12-2019),Godzilla78 (10-13-2017),Moshimaru (10-16-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    Don't forget other manufacturers like Reptile Basics. I have their 4'x2'x15" ordered finally and will do a build write up once I have it delivered. I wanted a single flip down door and they fit the bill.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SDA For This Useful Post:

BR8080 (10-14-2017),Moshimaru (10-16-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12