Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,015

1 members and 2,014 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,559
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Good luck! I hope he eats for you. Fingers crossed!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MmmBanana For This Useful Post:

Axel28 (10-10-2017)

Thanks

Re: Axel Feeding Day!!

Quote Originally Posted by MmmBanana View Post
    Good luck! I hope he eats for you. Fingers crossed!
    Thank you! This isn't my first time feeding him, but maybe he is a shy eater? And he also ate a medium mouse, but he already pooped so I thought he'd be hungry again, but like I said maybe he is just a shy little one.
    Ball Pythons: 0.0.1 Axel/ Leopard Geckos: 1.0 Demyx/ Dogs: 0.1 Butterfly, 0.1 Prissy, 0.1 Shelby 10. Vortex/ Cats: 0.1 Izzie, 0.1 Isabella/ Chicken: 1.0 Big Red

Thanks

He may want live my female ate one ft mice and then didnt eat for about a month refusal after refusal i tossed in a live hopper she hasnt missed a meal since shes eating small mice now shes about 93 grams may not be the best method but you will have a happy snake

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lapara157 For This Useful Post:

Axel28 (10-10-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lapara157 View Post
    He may want live my female ate one ft mice and then didnt eat for about a month refusal after refusal i tossed in a live hopper she hasnt missed a meal since shes eating small mice now shes about 93 grams may not be the best method but you will have a happy snake
    Hopefully he will eat what I gave him and basically hopefully he is just shy.
    Ball Pythons: 0.0.1 Axel/ Leopard Geckos: 1.0 Demyx/ Dogs: 0.1 Butterfly, 0.1 Prissy, 0.1 Shelby 10. Vortex/ Cats: 0.1 Izzie, 0.1 Isabella/ Chicken: 1.0 Big Red

Thanks

Wens the last time he ate? And how heavy is he?

Thanks

Wens the last time he ate? And how heavy is he?
    Last Tuesday is when he last ate and he is 83 Grams. I am (trying) to feed him small mouse. Last Tuesday when he ate, he ate a medium mouse.

Thanks

How many consistent meals has he had ? Hes a young boy he may not have his eating established yet so if thts the case once he eats a few more times he should be good to go now if he hasnt had a few consistent meals you may have to get him started on live hoppers they are small and theres is not much damage they can do to snake its best to get them eating as soon as possible the longer they take to eat the more problem feeders they become so ive read im not an expert i just oicked my my female in aug so im just learning as i go but like i said she refused for near a month after eating once for me once i got her the live hopper she has been eating loke a champ every 5 days once she gets established you can get her back on ft but its best to get her eating as soon as possible but just be patient it will all workout no matter what you do as long as her husbandry is on point

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lapara157 For This Useful Post:

Axel28 (10-10-2017)

Thanks

How many consistent meals has he had ? Hes a young boy he may not have his eating established yet so if thts the case once he eats a few more times he should be good to go now if he hasnt had a few consistent meals you may have to get him started on live hoppers they are small and theres is not much damage they can do to snake its best to get them eating as soon as possible the longer they take to eat the more problem feeders they become so ive read im not an expert i just oicked my my female in aug so im just learning as i go but like i said she refused for near a month after eating once for me once i got her the live hopper she has been eating loke a champ every 5 days once she gets established you can get her back on ft but its best to get her eating as soon as possible but just be patient it will all workout no matter what you do as long as her husbandry is on point
    I have only feed him once, and he really couldn't figure it out 'cause he'd keep biting the side of the mouse, but when he did figure it out he glumped it down.
    I got Axel from Petsmart and he was on Pinkies.

But anyways, Thank you for your help.

Thanks

My parents say no and I actually agree with them, he needs to eat what he's got, we do not have enough money to spend on live hoppers, this is why I am trying to get a job, so I, WITH MY OWN MONEY, can take care of MY snake.

I do NOT mean to be rude because I LOVE Axel.

Anyways, I am gonna leave at that. Thank you.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axel28 View Post
    My parents say no and I actually agree with them, he needs to eat what he's got, we do not have enough money to spend on live hoppers, this is why I am trying to get a job, so I, WITH MY OWN MONEY, can take care of MY snake.

I do NOT mean to be rude because I LOVE Axel.

Anyways, I am gonna leave at that. Thank you.
    Not to mention Axel is already an established f/t feeder. Granted he was underfed at Petsmart but still eating f/t. So switching to live this early I feel is completely unnecessary and over complicates matters. Live feeding would be better reserved as a last resort if Axel was refusing numerous meals AND loosing weight regardless of husbandry being on point.

Something else to consider is if OP did offer live, there is a chance (not gaurenteed but still a risk) their bp would no longer accept f/t and that would be a new commitment OP would have to get into.

Since they still live with their parents this could be harder because live feeders are not as easy to obtain and keep, and on the occasion OP has to move out, some places, room mates, land lords, dorm rooms won't be cool with OP keeping a supply of live mice, let alone a snake. It just makes things harder if OP can avoid it. Plus, husbandry should be the first thing to consider looking into before changing feeding methods.

I just think it's way too soon to recommend live so casually when their bp is still in the process of acclimating.

Last edited by MissterDog; 10-10-2017 at 08:26 PM.
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissterDog For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (10-12-2017),Axel28 (10-11-2017),Kira (10-10-2017)

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast