Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,358

4 members and 3,354 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Social Anxiety/Anxiety and Depression

Well, I thought I would make something for everyone to kinda understand what I go through my everyday life.....

So, explaining this is kinda hard... I guess I'll start from the beginning of my story that I actually remember.

I was very young about maybe 8(?) when I woke up to watch mine, my mom, and my Aunts favorite show, Angel, and we knew something was wrong when we noticed she hasn't got up yet, so, I knocked on her door and well she didn't answer... so my mom got the key to the door and we discovered she was dead... I cannot remember what she died from, but when she open the door, I knew immediately something was wrong.. my mom called the Ambulance and they couldn't do anything but take her away, all I could do was cry, she was one of my best friends even if I was young....

Next thing that makes me upset is my Grandma, she also died in the same room, though, I never really had a relationship with her, it still hurts, I do not know the cause of her death...

I now sleep in the same room they both died in and I actually feel more comfortable in that room.

That was just depression, I think of that stuff A LOT!

Now, my real worst enemy... Anxiety...

Ever since I remember I have had anxiety and it just keep getting worse and worse, so anyways, I couldn't eat in front of people or even talk in front of people I would whisper so no one could hear me. Now I am getting better and trying to get a job, maybe it'll crack my shell a lot more.

Next SOCIAL ANXIETY:

Okay, I may have lied, this is my worst enemy...

I cannot do anything in public without freaking out, but lately I have been fine.
    I am trying my best to conquer it and go to GED classes so I can go to college.
    I wanna be a Vet/Vet Assistant and I believe I can do it, but I am TERRIFIED of going into a room full of people. What if they stare at me and think I am weird? What if they try to talk to me and I don't know what to say or do? Also if they tried to talk to me, I might freeze up.

Anyways, I think that is all I will share. I will share ONE more thing, I do go to a counselor for all this and it does really help, but anyways thank you for reading and I am sorry if this was to personal but I just wanted to get this out so hopefully some people can see that EVERYONE they see might just have a problem. May it be Anxiety, Social Anxiety, and Depression.

But Thank You for reading and I hope that EVERYONE who feels this ways doesn't feel alone anymore.
    Ball Pythons: 0.0.1 Axel/ Leopard Geckos: 1.0 Demyx/ Dogs: 0.1 Butterfly, 0.1 Prissy, 0.1 Shelby 10. Vortex/ Cats: 0.1 Izzie, 0.1 Isabella/ Chicken: 1.0 Big Red

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Axel28 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (10-09-2017),dr del (10-09-2017),Godzilla78 (10-08-2017),MmmBanana (10-08-2017),tttaylorrr (10-09-2017)

Thanks

Re: Social Anxiety/Anxiety and Depression

I probably shouldn't have posted this. -.-
    Ball Pythons: 0.0.1 Axel/ Leopard Geckos: 1.0 Demyx/ Dogs: 0.1 Butterfly, 0.1 Prissy, 0.1 Shelby 10. Vortex/ Cats: 0.1 Izzie, 0.1 Isabella/ Chicken: 1.0 Big Red

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Axel28 For This Useful Post:

MmmBanana (10-08-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Axel28 View Post
    Well, I thought I would make something for everyone to kinda understand what I go through my everyday life.....

So, explaining this is kinda hard... I guess I'll start from the beginning of my story that I actually remember.

I was very young about maybe 8(?) when I woke up to watch mine, my mom, and my Aunts favorite show, Angel, and we knew something was wrong when we noticed she hasn't got up yet, so, I knocked on her door and well she didn't answer... so my mom got the key to the door and we discovered she was dead... I cannot remember what she died from, but when she open the door, I knew immediately something was wrong.. my mom called the Ambulance and they couldn't do anything but take her away, all I could do was cry, she was one of my best friends even if I was young....

Next thing that makes me upset is my Grandma, she also died in the same room, though, I never really had a relationship with her, it still hurts, I do not know the cause of her death...

I now sleep in the same room they both died in and I actually feel more comfortable in that room.

That was just depression, I think of that stuff A LOT!

Now, my real worst enemy... Anxiety...

Ever since I remember I have had anxiety and it just keep getting worse and worse, so anyways, I couldn't eat in front of people or even talk in front of people I would whisper so no one could hear me. Now I am getting better and trying to get a job, maybe it'll crack my shell a lot more.

Next SOCIAL ANXIETY:

Okay, I may have lied, this is my worst enemy...

I cannot do anything in public without freaking out, but lately I have been fine.
    I am trying my best to conquer it and go to GED classes so I can go to college.
    I wanna be a Vet/Vet Assistant and I believe I can do it, but I am TERRIFIED of going into a room full of people. What if they stare at me and think I am weird? What if they try to talk to me and I don't know what to say or do? Also if they tried to talk to me, I might freeze up.

Anyways, I think that is all I will share. I will share ONE more thing, I do go to a counselor for all this and it does really help, but anyways thank you for reading and I am sorry if this was to personal but I just wanted to get this out so hopefully some people can see that EVERYONE they see might just have a problem. May it be Anxiety, Social Anxiety, and Depression.

But Thank You for reading and I hope that EVERYONE who feels this ways doesn't feel alone anymore.
    Completely off topic but awesome of you to share. I too have anxiety issues I'm working on. It's gotten a lot better over the years. If i may suggest something, the library is a great way to dip your toes into being in public places.

Sent from my LG-M151 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pezz For This Useful Post:

Axel28 (10-08-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pezz View Post
    Completely off topic but awesome of you to share. I too have anxiety issues I'm working on. It's gotten a lot better over the years. If i may suggest something, the library is a great way to dip your toes into being in public places.

You really think it was awesome to share? This makes me happy to hear, I expected people to kinda "bully" I guess.
    That is one thing I forgot to put in there bullies, I was bullied in school along with my twin brother, he was bullied more than I was and I use to "protect" him.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Dude, (I think you are male, never asked) you are displaying some serious confidence and LACK of anxiety by posting this and sharing it with THE WHOLE WORLD WIDE WEB! Good for you! Sharing your interpersonal struggles takes balls, and I’m glad you did it. My best advice, is to work on your self-confidence and face people head on. You are doing great, that you even posted this.
    RIGHT ON!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

Axel28 (10-08-2017),Pezz (10-08-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    Dude, (I think you are male, never asked) you are displaying some serious confidence and LACK of anxiety by posting this and sharing it with THE WHOLE WORLD WIDE WEB! Good for you! Sharing your interpersonal struggles takes balls, and I’m glad you did it. My best advice, is to work on your self-confidence and face people head on. You are doing great, that you even posted this.
    RIGHT ON!

I am female. lol

And thank you, I wasn't gonna post it, but I don't want anyone to fight alone, this anxiety and depression is hard to fight, but trust me it feels a lot better when you finally break through your shell alittle more.

I know I actually started talking to people A LOT more, even my counselor took me outside to a nearby pier and it just felt good to be away from the one I try to protect all the time and that would be my mom, I try to protect her all the time and it's hard to also deal with that stress, but she is having health issues and if something happens I wanna be there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    RIGHT ON!
    Godzilla is exactly right. To post that took courage, and I've noticed that everyone here is super friendly. Hopefully more interactions with friendly people will help your confidence. One thing i can say is that by how much you care about axel i can tell you're a great person with a big heart. Don't be ashamed of you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pezz For This Useful Post:

Axel28 (10-08-2017)

Thanks

It is awesome that you shared! There will always be rude people and bullies out there but you just have to try to focus on the good people in the world. I know it's harder then it sounds though, I know I probably wouldn't have the guts to do it lol.

I suffer from social anxiety and depression as well so I totally understand how you feel. It is really great that you are getting the help you need and you can see and regonize the progress you are making! I know some people let the fear and sadness overtake them but you want to move forward and are doing what it take to make that happen! That takes some real strength

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BluuWolf For This Useful Post:

Axel28 (10-08-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pezz View Post
    Godzilla is exactly right. To post that took courage, and I've noticed that everyone here is super friendly. Hopefully more interactions with friendly people will help your confidence. One thing i can say is that by how much you care about axel i can tell you're a great person with a big heart. Don't be ashamed of you.

I do believe there are A LOT of people who are Friendly and caring, actually everyone I've talked to on here is friendly and caring, it is nice to have some online friends and btw if anyone needs a friend or just someone to talk to, I am here. Now i will try the best to give advice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Axel28 View Post
    You really think it was awesome to share? This makes me happy to hear, I expected people to kinda "bully" I guess.
    That is one thing I forgot to put in there bullies, I was bullied in school along with my twin brother, he was bullied more than I was and I use to "protect" him.
    This took a lot of courage to share. Kudos to you for taking a positive step. You'll quickly find out that this site is filled with a bunch of amazing people willing to help each other out. No need to apologize for anything ! Glad your part of the group!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ckuhn003 For This Useful Post:

Axel28 (10-08-2017)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast