Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,186

1 members and 3,185 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Help???????

Thanks

Help???????

Hi, I am new to the forums. I somewhat am new to snakes. I have read a lot, but got my first BP this past Friday. I have done tons of research in just a few short days. I was wondering how I would post pics here. Is there anyone that can teach me? I was also wondering how you might tell if your BP has mites?

Thanks

Re: Help???????

First you have to upload the picture onto the web. You have a gallery here that you can use. Click on the 'gallery' link on the left panel of the page. Then click on 'my stuff' on the link panel across the upper part of the page.. and go to 'my gallery'.

Scroll down a bit to find the quick upload. Select your pic, and upload it.

Then it'll go to a page with your pic on it. Right click on the pic and 'copy image address'

To put the pic in your post, type [ img ] paste image address here [ /img] -just take the spaces out from the [ ]'s

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Shelby, thanks for the help but I am a forums idiot. I got the pics into my gallery, but I wasn't able to upload em to the forum here. I do however know how to build websites so I just added the page to one of my existing sites.

http://min.midco.net/lars/lars.htm

Go to the "My Snake" link and all the pics will be there. I will be adding a few more here in a minute. Besides the server here probably isn't large enought to host all my pics. I take a lot.
    I hope it isn't against the rules to post a link here. there is nothing bad or controversial on the website.

Lars

Thanks

How come you can post a link to a URL, but not to a pic? lol

Posting links is no problem as long as it isn't for a competing forum.

Cute little snake. I'd recommend getting a second hide like your low green one, as the tall terra cotta hide is not very secure feeling for a snake.

April

Thanks

As far as hosting the picture, use tinypic.com

Thanks

I am getting some more green for her cage this weekend. I am also getting a lower cool hide for her, a thermometer and a humididty guage. For heat right now I have a 50 watt bulb and I have tested the metal cage around it several times to see how hot it is with my hands. We trun the light out at night because some other forums I read suggested that. I plan to cut two holes in the top and secure them with lamps and mesh. I am going to add a red light for the night time. I am not sure about turning the light out at night and letting it cool off, but because she is nocturnal I want her to be able to have the day/night cycle. I am always open to suggestions and willing to learn. Any comments, advice or suggestions will always be greatly welcome and appreciated.

Thanks

Most here will tell you (myself included) ditch the lamps! Sucks the humidity right out of the air. Go buy yourself some flexwatt heat tape, and a thermostat or a rheostat to control the temperature. Matt (justcage) can sell you a foot of flexwatt all wired up and ready to go.

April

Thanks

This might be a stupid question. Is there an item than can control the heat and humidity. Like set the parameters you want and it be good to go. I don't have a humidity guage right now. When we bought the snake she was in a shed. I gave her a warm bath for 20 minutes and the next day all her old skin was off. It wasn't a perfect 1 piece shed but it was all off. She had already shed her eyecaps and face before we got her.

Thanks

Yes.. a thermostat controls the temperature. The most highly recommended are the Helix thermostats. They run $100+, but are well worth it for reliabilty and safety.. also ease of use.

As far as humidity.. buy a good DIGITAL hygrometer (humidity gauge) and mist the cage as necessary to keep it to 50-60%. Humid hides are great also.

April

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here's a picture of the therm/hygrometer that many of us use here. You can get it at WalMart in the hardware section for about $15 and it's worth its weight in gold (IMHO).