Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,409

3 members and 3,406 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

BP Transport Help

Hey guys! So I decided not to get my BP from the pet store after a lot of thought. So I'm going to Repticon in Charlotte on the 23rd and 24th of this month.

Its about a two hour drive with good traffic, and after spending all day at the con, possibly 2, I was wondering if it's okay for the BP to spend the night in a hotel? (Not by hotel policy, but snake health wise.)
    S/he will have a good container with a heating pack on one side, substrate, a hide, and a small water bowl. I have a double-decker rubber maid container (looks like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Easy-Acce...Shoes/54515473 )

im planning on sliding a block of styrofoam on the bottom and putting a heating pad ontop of it on one side so they can have belly heat (and I will securing the box as tightly as possible with rubber bands to prevent a breakout). That way we can leave early the day after we've finished at the expo well rested. Of course this would be a very temporary home for him or her, as we have a 40Gal tank for them.

So will that be alright for a short time? My main concern is the snake's safety, not our comfort, so if we must go the same day, I am fine with that.

Also, any questions I should ask the vendors when looking at their snakes for purchase? I want a good healthy snake of course. So if there is any vendors you guys think I should avoid or look at specifically I'd love to know!

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    At this time of the year temperatures are generally not a concern, so long you do not drive with the AC cranked up like some people do.

Now as far as the hotel if you do not keep your temps below 75 and keep the animal in the bathroom temps will not be an issue either.

Now while you are excited about your 40 gallons tank, keep in mind that this is designed for adults and an hatchling or juvenile which is mainly what you find at show a 10 gallons or 6 to 12 quarts tub will be better suited for an enjoyable problem free experience.

There are some great vendors that will be in Charlotte, and it's a good show.

Among those vendors

Limey @ Royal Reptilia

Grant & Mary @ Wreck Room Snakes

Frankie @ Fat Boy's Ball Pythons

Dwayne @ Twilight Ball Pythons

I also recommend to use the list already on the website and check their reputations on the BOI http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=13
    Deborah Stewart

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

BPSnakeLady (09-17-2017),Craiga 01453 (09-17-2017)

Thanks

Re: BP Transport Help

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    At this time of the year temperatures are generally not a concern, so long you do not drive with the AC cranked up like some people do.

Now as far as the hotel if you do not keep your temps below 75 and keep the animal in the bathroom temps will not be an issue either.

Now while you are excited about your 40 gallons tank, keep in mind that this is designed for adults and an hatchling or juvenile which is mainly what you find at show a 10 gallons or 6 to 12 quarts tub will be better suited for an enjoyable problem free experience.

There are some great vendors that will be in Charlotte, and it's a good show.

Among those vendors

Limey @ Royal Reptilia

Grant & Mary @ Wreck Room Snakes

Frankie @ Fat Boy's Ball Pythons

Dwayne @ Twilight Ball Pythons

I also recommend to use the list already on the website and check their reputations on the BOI http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=13

!! Thank you so much! And yeah the plan is to kinda block off part of the tank somehow by like putting a rubber maid container in there if s/he seems stressed by the big cage. I'm going to play that part by ear.

We we tend to keep the car pretty cool because both my mom and I don't handle heat well so I'm planning on wrapping a hot-water bottle up with a towel and putting it on the second level of the container for heat. Making it lukewarm so they don't get too cold.

Thank you for the info, I'm super excited to bring my baby home.