I'm having some issues with Baljeet, my husband's baby Deckert's/Florida Keys rat snake.

I bought him at a local expo at the beginning of June, and had him feeding regularly on fuzzies. Then we had a mite explosion in late July. I got the mites under control fairly quickly after discovery, and am continuing with low-level treatment to keep things that way. Unfortunately, the mites and treatment seemed to have thrown the poor little guy off his appetite. A week ago today I finally got him to eat again, but only a small pinkie. I gave him another one on Tuesday - I didn't want to feed again too soon and cause more issues.

Baljeet was 31 grams before his fast, I haven't had the courage to weigh him since, but so skinny he's got wrinkles. I think, based on his head size, that he'd be capable of taking a hopper (Trying to reduce stress, so minimal handling/pictures), but I'll stick with the pinkies for now. How frequently do you think I can offer to get some weight in this little guy? Is every three days too often if the prey is small?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro