Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,274

2 members and 3,272 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New incubator

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    That's awesome! I've been looking for a glass door cooler like that for months and can't seem to find one reasonably priced. I'm considering converting a one person sauna. You could seal the wood on the inside (clear spray sealer) and add a shelving unit to hold tubs of eggs and fit a lot more in there. Some of those saunas sell for less than $800 brand new, so you could probably pick up a used one for a couple hundred bucks. Plus when you check on the eggs you could close the door behind you and take your time without losing heat and humidity.

Thanks

Re: New incubator

It looks like you used multiple sheets of heat tape. How many are really needed? Could one down either the back or one of the sides work fine? I was finally able to find a cooler like this and picked it up today and plan to start converting it this weekend.

Thanks
    I have three pieces of heat tape, however I only have the two on either side functioning. The third is purely a backup if needed. This thing does not deviate from 88oF. The large tub of saturated perlite on the bottom absorbs heat, and the tubs themselves do not lose heat when I open the door to work with things. Very happy with this incubator, and such a simple setup.
    Warren

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12