Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,385

2 members and 3,383 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Questions about Soul Sucker breeding.

Hey guys,

I just had a quick question for you.

What genes do you need to produce a Soul Sucker?

I was speaking to a breeder and he has a Lesser female and a Proven Fire Hidden Gene Woma Male. And he says that they would produce soul Sucker hatchlings?

Where my confusion comes from is, on WOBP it says you need 3 genes to produce them Lesser, HGW and Granite.

So I guess my question is, can you produce a Soul Sucker with just a Lesser x HGW or do you need the Granite gene also?

I have also heard that the Granite gene is always with the HGW but some people class it as separate.

Really appreciate any help you can give!

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Theres a whole lot of controversy with that particular aspect of the hidden gene woma gene. First of all, hidden gene woma is a separate mutation from woma and there is no "hidden gene" what so ever. Second the granite part can be disregarded when it comes to hgwg combos. You can make a soul sucker with just a hidden gene woma and a lesser. The confusion basically stems from Kevin not understanding how the hidden gene woma mutation worked because he thoight it was the woma mutation with a hidden gene going on hence the name. Yhe granite thing is jjst natural variation within the mutation.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Seven-Thirty For This Useful Post:

pedrosanchez (08-28-2017)

Thanks

Re: Questions about Soul Sucker breeding.

That makes alot of sense now!

I had seen his video from a few years ago and I think it threw me abit, couldn't find many other sources about it so thought id ask you guys

Ill hopefully be producing some Soul Suckers in the future then.

Thank you for your help, its much appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Re: Questions about Soul Sucker breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by pedrosanchez View Post
    Where my confusion comes from is, on WOBP it says you need 3 genes to produce them Lesser, HGW and Granite.
    WOBP is an awesome picture hub and in a lot of cases a terrible information hub. Kevin is an awesome snake breeder, easily one of the best, but when it comes to science type of info, again a terrible hub.

Kevin put a video out years ago that had an explanation of the granite attaching to the hgw and his lessers having some hidden gene also and all sorts of stuff that have been proven not to be the case. This has caused confusion for years.

but as stated above, soul sucker is just as hgw and a lesser, the granite part is just a variation of the hgw. So if you see a animal listed as hgw granite, just think of it as one morph. There are granite genes out there some with cool super forms, but the granite gene always "attached" to the hgw is not one.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

asplundii (08-29-2017),Seven-Thirty (08-29-2017)