Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,220

1 members and 3,219 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,130
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

My New BP Just Arrived

It's been a long time waiting but he's finally arrived. Being a 1st time owner, I was admittedly nervous about what to expect (was he going to be stressed and snap, how big was he going to be, etc....). I kept the box sitting on my kitchen table, waiting for the perfect moment to open....haha

But he was very docile and curious. I'm very happy with Garrick and his organization. Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1.0 Motley IMG BCI - (Venom)

1.0 Super Ghost BCI - (Phantom)

1.0 Boxer - (Knox)

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ckuhn003 For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (08-23-2017),Craiga 01453 (08-22-2017),KayLynn (08-22-2017),L.West (08-22-2017),MissterDog (08-22-2017),spellbound04 (08-22-2017),SPIDERBALL (08-22-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts

Re: My New BP Just Arrived

Good choice. Toffino keeping those beautiful colors as adults

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillBP For This Useful Post:

ckuhn003 (08-22-2017),Craiga 01453 (08-22-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 775 Posts
    Good looking ball! Congrats

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RickyNY For This Useful Post:

ckuhn003 (08-22-2017)

Thanks

Very nice. Must be very exciting. She is a very nice looking snake.

2 and half weeks for me. However I ordered a stat, thermometer, UTH of amazon today.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie39 View Post
    Very nice. Must be very exciting. She is a very nice looking snake.

2 and half weeks for me. However I ordered a stat, thermometer, UTH of amazon today.
    Thanks! It's actually a he. My wife named him Jose Consnakeo ........

And yes, it's very exciting...except for the part where I need to wait a week to let him acclimate. Although, I was instructed to try and feed him in the next couple of days to help keep him on schedule and reduce stress.

Good luck w/ yours. I spend several weeks trying to get all my numbers dialed in. It can get rather stressful but luckily the board is here to help.

Thanks

Oh my gosh thats a beautiful snake! Congrats and good luck!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GpBp For This Useful Post:

ckuhn003 (08-22-2017)

Thanks

Thanks everyone for their responses. He's definitely a looker. Since I put him in his enclosure, I haven't see him since. I'm guessing he's under one of the hides.

I posted a question / concern earlier about the humidity which I can't seem to lower. Ever since I installed the reptichip substrate (moist and not wet), the humidity jumped from mid 50s to 99%. I removed everything from the pvc enclosure, and noticed the walls and ceiling were wet and the glass doors were fogged up. After drying overnight, I reinstalled and the humidity spiked again at 99%. The sliding glass doors are currently fogged.

Is this a concern? Will it eventually come down? Do I need to open the glass doors for a little (watching so the snake doesn't escape)? I would hate to have to switch out the substrate for dry and disturb the snake's 1st week in his enclosure. For reference, it's a 20 gal pvc enclosure w/ 4-5 small slats for air on each side. Obviously this enclosure is built to hold in humidity.

Appreciate any and all feedback. Hopefully this is not a huge concern.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts
    Hey congrats!!! I'm also getting my bp from Garrick in a week so I was curious about resuming the given feeding schedule too. Figured the worst that could happen is a potentially wasted feeder right? I seem to recall Garrick mentioned he feeds on Thursdays, is that the same for you? Either way let us know how well his first feeding goes!

As for humidity, I bumped into a similar problem (I'm also using Reptichip)but my issue was mainly with where my humidity sensor was located. What are you using to measure your humidity or where is it placed? For me my sensor was directly at the bottom of it so my thermometer was sitting directly over the substrate and making it cap out, when in reality it was closer to 75%

maybe it could be a placement issue? That being said Reptichip doesn't seem to kid around with humidity wow!
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    Hey congrats!!! I'm also getting my bp from Garrick in a week so I was curious about resuming the given feeding schedule too. Figured the worst that could happen is a potentially wasted feeder right? I seem to recall Garrick mentioned he feeds on Thursdays, is that the same for you? Either way let us know how well his first feeding goes!

As for humidity, I bumped into a similar problem (I'm also using Reptichip)but my issue was mainly with where my humidity sensor was located. What are you using to measure your humidity or where is it placed? For me my sensor was directly at the bottom of it so my thermometer was sitting directly over the substrate and making it cap out, when in reality it was closer to 75%

maybe it could be a placement issue? That being said Reptichip doesn't seem to kid around with humidity wow!
    Appreciate it! Been very happy w/ Garrick and I'm sure you will be as well. Congrats! What did you end up going with? So many beautiful BPs to choose from. You're right...Garrick feeds on Thursdays. I'm going to try Weds or Thurs if I can find him in the enclosure. He's been hiding ever since I opened the door to the enclosure. I went out and bought some feeders today so I'm ready.

I'm using the Vivarium Electronics TH-100 which is both a thermometer and Hygrometer. I have it Velcro'ed to the top of the cool side enclosure with the probe dangling.

http://www.reptilebasics.com/thermometers/TH-100/

So how did you solve your humidity issues? My tank glass is steamed up. I'm wondering next time if I should even moisten the reptichip.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I wouldn't moisten unless needed. I run Aspen in a t8 and have to be picky with where the water bowl goes to adjust humidity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast