Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,485

1 members and 3,484 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Threaded View

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Rambo Progression

So Rambo has steadily been eating small rats, and steadily growing. This past feeding (two days ago) i offered him a medium rat, as the smalls have been seeming quite a bit smaller than his girth. Now i understand that this is definitely not the approach to adults, as they get so thick, and he'll never get more than large rats, but he is still fairly small so i thought it may still be alright for this approach. Well the medium rat was a slight bit bigger than his girth, you can see a slight bulge still, nothing crazy but he's definitely full. I've looked into VPI's feeding recommendations and dabbling in the forums and it seems to be that most people feed their adults bi-weekly; when do i make the switch from weekly? He is still growing at a decent rate, but i dont want to shorten his life by bumping up his prey size too quickly. I was thinking i would skip his feeding next week since he had a large meal and then either go back to weekly small rats or stay on bi-weekly mediums. Any thoughts?
    I had to pull him out to clean some really soggy substrate so i grabbed a few pictures and his weight; his last weigh in was 3 weeks ago so he has had 2 small rats and a medium since but he went from 954g to 1219g, i guess im just worried about overfeeding because it seems like his weight increases 30% every month or so. Does this sound about right to anyone with lots of experience? Thanks ahead of time and as always heres some pics

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dxw425 For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (11-29-2017)