Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,045

1 members and 3,044 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

zacharynay (18)

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,554
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
    Thanks

Aggressive Ball...need some help with this one....

So I saw this beauty at Petsmart the other day and really decided I wanted him....only issue was that he was really aggressive....strikes the glass 3-4 times when we was placed back....I showed my husband, he ended up buying him....well know he was only in the store for 5 days, hasn't been fed yet, I'm hoping that's the reason....temps and humidity are a solid now, hes wondering his enclosure as we speak....any insight? Check out my pictures, for some reason it wont post his picture....but I'm sure that hes a Pastel.

Thanks
    Let him settle in for a week. You can try and feed him after a few days. Just remember to leave him along for this time period. Also please, please do not go back to petsmart for any advice. Your ball python is more than likely hungry. That could account for some of his striking out. How big is your bp by the way?

Thanks

Re: Aggressive Ball...need some help with this one....

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerhawk View Post
    Let him settle in for a week. You can try and feed him after a few days. Just remember to leave him along for this time period. Also please, please do not go back to petsmart for any advice. Your ball python is more than likely hungry. That could account for some of his striking out. How big is your bp by the way?

well, this isnt my first snake, i have a 2 year old BP thats pushing 620g and over three feet...a Colombian Red Tail Boa thats my baby right now, pushing 2 feet, Ra is at 110g hes older, no idea about the age though....I would never go back to Petsmart for any type of advice...lol that's why I joined this group. I'll wait it out and try and feed later in the week...he showed extreme aggressiveness to my husband but nothing to me and just calmed himself down when I checked in on him. Just hoping hes hungry and scared from the transition.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aerries For This Useful Post:

PythonBabes (08-10-2017)

Thanks
    Yeah you should be just fine with time.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Two years and 600grams sounds small. What's the setups?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chakup View Post
    Two years and 600grams sounds small. What's the setups?
    40 gal tank, all temps and humidity are on point, he went into his winter fast and then right into his mating fast starting February of this year and just came out of it two weeks ago, so he maintained 480-500 grams during this time....we got him February 25th 2016 and was only like 16 inches and roughly 180g. Not completly sure how old he was when we got him but I imagine 4-6 months if that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aerries View Post
    So I saw this beauty at Petsmart the other day and really decided I wanted him....only issue was that he was really aggressive....strikes the glass 3-4 times when we was placed back....I showed my husband, he ended up buying him....well know he was only in the store for 5 days, hasn't been fed yet, I'm hoping that's the reason....temps and humidity are a solid now, hes wondering his enclosure as we speak....any insight? Check out my pictures, for some reason it wont post his picture....but I'm sure that hes a Pastel.

Let him settle for a week but perhaps make sure he has access to a couple of hides. Sounds like a typically rattled youngster so will calm soon.
    Is he near shedding or going blue at all? that might be making him a bit more aggressive.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Staddon View Post
    Let him settle for a week but perhaps make sure he has access to a couple of hides. Sounds like a typically rattled youngster so will calm soon.
    Is he near shedding or going blue at all? that might be making him a bit more aggressive.
    Yea hes lookin like hes ready to shed, very dull, so that could attribute to his attitude. He's not blue yet.