Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,371

1 members and 3,370 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Not A Fan Of Astro Turf

Well, about 3 months ago I switched from using Aspen shavings to Astro turf as bedding for my tanks. Everything was working out well until some moisture got under the astro turf. In a matter of hours a horrible mildew smell filled the basement. Well I immeadiatly replaced the linning with some extra ones I made. Everything went fine for about 2 days until one of my snakes let out a BM (Urates) same smell quickly filled up the basement. Well I wanted to give this stuff a chance (I gave it 2 months)but I can't stand foul, funky, odors so I had to go back to the Aspen(after 2 months of funk I had it). I'll have to admit I think I like the smell of wood shavings better, snakes now have the option to burrow (My corn snake really appreciates this) and no more comming home to a foul smell. I definately thinks my tanks are visually pleasing with the shavings, and cleanup after a BM is a lot easier as well (just spot clean).
    4est
    1 adult male Ball Python (King Tut), 1 adult Female Corn Snake (Cleopatra), 1 juvenile Green Two-Tailed Iguana (Tommy Two-tails), 1 Common Boa(Ghengis Kahn)

Thanks

Re: Not A Fan Of Astro Turf

I never cared for astro turf either, daily change outs on lizards was just a pain in the butt.
    -Sean
    Mazdaspeed 3, yeah its silly fast!