Hey,

Sarah is happy and healthy and doing well but I just switched from Aspen shavings to paper towels as substrate and though I've seen paper towels recommended a lot I haven't found great instructions specifically on how to use them as substrate, so I have a few questions.

-Do I just lay them flat on the bottom of the tank? I have 2 layers on the hot side (that gives her a hot spot of 92ish degrees) and more in the areas were there's no UTH. How should they be placed in the tank and how many layers are recommended?

-How do I go about cleaning? She peed today and obviously the paper towel is absorbent but it still soaked through to the glass. What's the best way to thoroughly clean when using paper towels?
I ended up just taking her out, removing all the paper towels, cleaning the bottom of the tank with water and a little bit of blue dawn, then spraying with a 250:1 F10 solution, then wiping down with water, drying, and placing new paper towels. This is guesswork for me so if anyone with experience using paper towels can give me some guidance I'd appreciate it!