Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,353

2 members and 3,351 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered User VIP CONSTRICTORS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I am sure they will be able to answer any concerns since they are a member here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Friends,
    First of all we would like to thank @Deborah for the heads up about this complaint due to the fact that the complainer did not have the courtesy to even let us know.

We will address only the initial complaint due to the fact that any responses to one sided rumors (from a non customer) are irrelevant. Please hit us up with any questions you might have.
    To the rest of the folks we are sorry for your time because in short this post sounds as a cry-out of someone that didnt get what he wanted - a FREE snake (and we can relate to that - we are all human).

To anyone who is interested in facts here they are:

Yesterday we have decided to auction 2 snakes that we had listed on morphmarket.
    As any honest business would do the decision was made to take them off sale so they are not sold to someone else after the customer bids on it.
    The person who was assigned to do that didnt find a way to hide the listings on morphmarket but didnt want to delete them (in case they needed to be listed again if no bids are submitted) so she decided to mark them as $1 thinking no one will contact us due to this ridicules price on stellar breeders. Here is the chain of events after:

1. Yet we received an email from I assume individual known as "Mr.Snake" here asking about the price shipped. Due to the fact that it was early on and no bids were there yet we gave him the price - X shipped (and a good price it was!). He decided to divide the price by TEN and sent us the following email : "If it's x/10 for the 2 girls I'll take them both ".
    At that point he seemed like a typical ball kicker that has too much time on his hands. So we treated him accordingly but with respect (by telling him not to get free snakes because he might get sick snake and be in big trouble which happened to a lot of folks here)!

2. "Mr.Snake" decided to make another attempt and send us another email with the price divided by 10!!!!!!! He received no response to it.

3. Then he contacted us via chat on facebook and we had a nice conversation about Trump and snake collections

4. "Mr. Snake" then informed that he had our snake on wishlist and he saw that now it is $1. And then again offered to buy it for price divided by 10! He was replied that we answered this question

5. Then he AGAIN informed us that he wanted it for $1 and he assumed that the real price we gave him is wrong (at this point it is safe to assume that it should have been clear)

6. We informed him that one of the snakes has a bid (which it had at this point) and if he wanted her he needed to bid.
    Last edited by VIP CONSTRICTORS; 07-05-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: VIP constrictors on MorphMarket

You probably don't want to thanks me just yet

While I figured it was the e plaination based on your post here I have to say that if you are a buyer and look at morph market (I am both a buyer and seller there) posting something on Morph Market with a price tag of $1 knowing that morph market is a retail site not a auction site is misleading to say the least.

That's nothing more than a bait and switch people enquire because they see the price and then they are told the price is different.

I have no issue with people auctioning their animals (also I would not do it) but you have to make up your mind, it's either for sale for the appropriate sale's price or it is up for auction.

Again Morph Market is not an auction site and the ad as it stands there is misleading, can you imagine if place a Pied on there for $1 and than answer "sorry it''s not the price" but in the mean time I get hundreds of inquiries because of the $1 price tag.

If people are looking for auctions there is the reptile ring, and various Facebook group I belive, as a buyer if I go on Morph Market I expect the listed price to be what I will pay.

Note: I have also invited John (from Morph Market) to join the conversation on this.

Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 07-05-2017 at 04:06 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

GoingPostal (07-06-2017),PokeyTheNinja (07-07-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VIP CONSTRICTORS View Post
    Friends,
    First of all we would like to thank @Deborah for the heads up about this complaint due to the fact that the complainer did not have the courtesy to even let us know.

We will address only the initial complaint due to the fact that any responses to one sided rumors (from a non customer) are irrelevant. Please hit us up with any questions you might have.
    To the rest of the folks we are sorry for your time because in short this post sounds as a cry-out of someone that didnt get what he wanted - a FREE snake (and we can relate to that - we are all human).

To anyone who is interested in facts here they are:

Yesterday we have decided to auction 2 snakes that we had listed on morphmarket.
    As any honest business would do the decision was made to take them off sale so they are not sold to someone else after the customer bids on it.
    The person who was assigned to do that didnt find a way to hide the listings on morphmarket but didnt want to delete them (in case they needed to be listed again if no bids are submitted) so she decided to mark them as $1 thinking no one will contact us due to this ridicules price on stellar breeders. Here is the chain of events after:

1. Yet we received an email from I assume individual known as "Mr.Snake" here asking about the price shipped. Due to the fact that it was early on and no bids were there yet we gave him the price - X shipped (and a good price it was!). He decided to divide the price by TEN and sent us the following email : "If it's x/10 for the 2 girls I'll take them both ".
    At that point he seemed like a typical ball kicker that has too much time on his hands. So we treated him accordingly but with respect (by telling him not to get free snakes because he might get sick snake and be in big trouble which happened to a lot of folks here)!

2. "Mr.Snake" decided to make another attempt and send us another email with the price divided by 10!!!!!!! He received no response to it.

3. Then he contacted us via chat on facebook and we had a nice conversation about Trump and snake collections

4. "Mr. Snake" then informed that he had our snake on wishlist and he saw that now it is $1. And then again offered to buy it for price divided by 10! He was replied that we answered this question

5. Then he AGAIN informed us that he wanted it for $1 and he assumed that the real price we gave him is wrong (at this point it is safe to assume that it should have been clear)

6. We informed him that one of the snakes has a bid (which it had at this point) and if he wanted her he needed to bid.

So, let's correct some mis-information

I am a trump fan, but WE had no conversation about him. You made a few comments about him and I made ZERO comments about him. You may view me as a "Ball Kicker" but I skipped right past your political conversation and tried to get right to business

Second, I was not trying to divide your price by 10, I was trying to figure out if your initial reply to me was a typo considering I thought I knew the price. The price YOU had listed on a site that is NOT a auction site. So my initial message to you was to find out the shipping price considering you said you were trying to make room as they didn't fit your future plans. so when you said 750, I was under the impression that you meant 75 since 750 shipping would be insane but 75$ to ship a adult is in line with current rates.

I stand by my belief that you are not a person I would do business with. Had you of explained early on that there was a pricing issue and you were simply trying to remove them from the market all this could have been avoided. I would have simply moved on from it

Someone listing snakes at a low price to simply make room is something that happens on MorphMarket, there is\was ( I didnt look today, but it was there for certain yesterday ) a adult cinny on there for 15$

In fact it was not until the last message you sent prior to telling me I could "bid" on it that you told me it was a mistake in price. Which seemed odd since you made no effort to correct the mistake ie...removing the listing

The screenshots are available to anyone that wants to verify.

Thanks

While I figured it was the e plaination based on your post here I have to say that if you are a buyer and look at morph market (I am both a buyer and seller there) posting something on Morph Market with a price tag of $1 knowing that morph market is a retail site not a auction site is misleading to say the least.

That's nothing more than a bait and switch people enquire because they see the price and then they are told the price is different.

I have no issue with people auctioning their animals (also I would not do it) but you have to make up your mind, it's either for sale for the appropriate sale's price or it is up for auction.

Again Morph Market is not an auction site and the ad as it stands there is misleading, can you imagine if place a Pied on there for $1 and than answer "sorry it''s not the price" but in the mean time I get hundreds of inquiries because of the $1 price tag.

If people are looking for auctions there is the reptile ring, and various Facebook group I belive, as a buyer if I go on Morph Market I expect the listed price to be what I will pay.

That was my point, which is why I posted a clear disclaimer in my initial post that I did not suffer a loss but disagreed with the methods

Thanks

I agree and as I explained it was a mistake. If you posted your pied for a $1 I would not have inquired about it and if I did, your "sorry it's not the price" once would have been enough. But most certainly you would not be subject to the mud dragging that the individual gave us here.

Thanks

I agree and as I explained it was a mistake. If you posted your pied for a $1 I would not have inquired about it and if I did, your "sorry it's not the price" once would have been enough. But most certainly you would not be subject to the mud dragging that the individual gave us here.
    A explanation would have worked better, but you did not give that. Your last message about it was that it was a mistake and when I asked why you changed both your listings to a dollar you did not reply. I then watched your listings on MM and when you did not correct the price from the 1$ hours later - I didn't buy your "mistake" narrative.

Maybe your mistake was intentional and maybe it was not. But we deal in a market where I feel people have to watch after one another when it comes to breeders we deal with. I gave a accurate account of our interaction and people can choose for themselves.

But, I'm done with this thread. I suggest you take better care where you have -auction- items posted to avoid confusion in the future.
    Last edited by Mr.Snake; 07-05-2017 at 04:17 PM.

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

In every retail establishment I have ever been involved with, if a pricing mistake was made it the mistake was to the benefit of the customer not the store. Be glad you got out of the deal. If it was me that made the mistake the customer would have gotten a deal of a lifetime or at least a straight up explanation. How Trump got dragged into your discussion with a possible customer I don't know but it shows inexperience on your part. Personal views as to politics, race, religion, and sexual preferences have no place in retail sales. In my opinion it would be best for you not to say anything else and learn from this mistake.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

andrewross8705 (07-06-2017),bcr229 (07-05-2017),Craiga 01453 (07-05-2017),GoingPostal (07-06-2017),PokeyTheNinja (07-07-2017),Stewart_Reptiles (07-05-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    In every retail establishment I have ever been involved with, if a pricing mistake was made it the mistake was to the benefit of the customer not the store. Be glad you got out of the deal. If it was me that made the mistake the customer would have gotten a deal of a lifetime or at least a straight up explanation. How Trump got dragged into your discussion with a possible customer I don't know but it shows inexperience on your part. Personal views as to politics, race, religion, and sexual preferences have no place in retail sales. In my opinion it would be best for you not to say anything else and learn from this mistake.
    Thank you for the tips but his facebook picture is the picture of Trump. As for retail sales I absolutely agree but these days you know much more about the customer than you used to when they walked into the retail store. And I have never seen anyone just giving the deal of a lifetime if it was price mistake which he was informed about. Lets admit non of us are saints but it doesnt justify any mud dragging.
    But you are correct! Enough time burned on this.

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

See I started off with the thought that you did the $1 listing to draw attention to your ad. I am not a fan of it but I know it happens.
    However listing an animal on MorphMarket AND having it listed in an auction at the same time is really shady and brings character into question.
    Doesn't shine so bright and you are responsible for the actions of all the people that represent you.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

andrewross8705 (07-06-2017),Craiga 01453 (07-05-2017),JodanOrNoDan (07-05-2017),PokeyTheNinja (07-07-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 995 Posts
    Next time just adjust your price on MorphMarket to your 'Buy it Now' price. No reason not to leave up the 1000$ price tag or even jack it up to 1500$ while holding an auction elsewhere, that way if someone buys it at top price on MM then no harm no foul, auction ended with 'High' bid.
    Last edited by piedlover79; 07-05-2017 at 09:07 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piedlover79 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (07-05-2017),PokeyTheNinja (07-07-2017)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast