Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,374

1 members and 3,373 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Question How to quickly get a snake to release you (after feeding response wrap)?

I suddenly realized that this is a thing I don't know about (I made a post in my GTP's photo thread about something wild that happened! Nothing to do with feeding response, but it's a strong tight wrap all the same)

For those with any larger, muscular snakes... If they do a feeding response and wrap your arm or fingers (for example) and it is quickly cutting off circulation/a dire kind of situation, how do you quickly get them to release or loosen their grip? I know the listerine method, dabbing it on their mouths, but that only releases their jaws. I had assumed before that when they release their jaws, their bodies will loosen, and everything will be fine. But that may not always be the case.

Assuming the rest of their body is still tightly wrapped about you and they aren't letting go like usual, what do you do? Let's say the tightness of their grip isn't something you can just "wait out", and it's quickly causing you injury.

I'm also curious if there are more/different methods for giant species like burms and retics?

And what would be your last resort, if the snake really isn't letting go after all methods have been tried?
    Last edited by redshepherd; 06-11-2017 at 08:39 PM.