Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 981

3 members and 978 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,580
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
    Thanks

Background for 5 foot viv - Where can I get some?

Hi guys, I've recently upgraded my viv setups to 5 foot long by 18 inch tall units

I can paint the outsides black easily enough to match, but I wanted to decorate the back panel.

One viv has a Blue Tongue skink in it, the other my royal python.

I was thinking of getting something that looked like rocks? or some sort of cave type vibe? I found a few but they're like £65-£100.... I'm sorry but thats a stupid amount for one decoration, almost tempted to buy a poster online and just stick that on for £10 ahahaha

Can anyone recommend any suitable decor?

Thanks

Re: Background for 5 foot viv - Where can I get some?

Quote Originally Posted by RoflOnMyWaffle View Post
    Hi guys, I've recently upgraded my viv setups to 5 foot long by 18 inch tall units

I can paint the outsides black easily enough to match, but I wanted to decorate the back panel.

One viv has a Blue Tongue skink in it, the other my royal python.

I was thinking of getting something that looked like rocks? or some sort of cave type vibe? I found a few but they're like £65-£100.... I'm sorry but thats a stupid amount for one decoration, almost tempted to buy a poster online and just stick that on for £10 ahahaha

Can anyone recommend any suitable decor?
    Try some contact paper. They come in all different designs and are relatively cheap for a roll or you can get a small sheet (probably under $20) just search patterned contact paper. It does have adhesive on it to make it stick, however, its not supposed to be very easy to remove and would fit snugly into the edges of the viv making it very difficult for your pets to get stuck in it. I would however proceed with caution.

1.0 Normal
    Normal doesn't mean boring! 😊

Thanks

Look at aquarium backgrounds. There are some that aren't obviously underwater scenery and are sold on rolls by the foot. I've used them on all our glass enclosures, just taped on the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Prognathodon For This Useful Post:

spellbound04 (06-09-2017)

Thanks

The back and right panels on this enclosure have aquarium backgrounds. The left side used to face our couch, and we didn't cover it so we could watch the snake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

Thanks
    It has to be stuck on the inside unfortunately, as the panels are wood.

Is contact paper still a good shout? I don't know what glue is safe for them? cause hes got claws, he'll probably rip it however the BP will be fine hahaha

Thanks
    Using the kind of material used for fake frosted glass might work as well. For example, here's some on Amazon.

Thanks
    Otherwise, if you're needing to adhere it to wood instead of glass, hitting a local home improvement store and looking for wallpaper remnants might be another idea worth considering. Can get the washable vinyl-backed kind for easy wiping down as needed, plus hard to tear.