Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,308

1 members and 3,307 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Thread: Depressed

Thanks

Depressed

not my snake but me! I think I need to sell my male bp im starting college and even though I could make it work someone could take care of it better than me, but I cant part with him!!!!! I cant seem to sell him cuz i love him too much! hes 4 years old 4 ft and has never bitten a human in its life and im confident it never will and hes an awsome eater... can ya tell why I like him so much?! anyway someone should tell me what to do and give me some stories of selling theirs or if your interested in giving mine a good home then let me know too

Thanks

Re: Depressed

I take it you are going to be staying in the dorms. Truth be told I would take him with you. When I was in college they didn't allow caged animals (fish were the exception) in the dorms. Some how I just managed to always find room for my animals. Make sure to make friends with your roomate first (If you'll be living by yourself, it's all good). I would place your snakes enclosure in your closet out of sight from wandering eyes that happen to pass by your room when your doors open. Next enroll in at least one Biology class with either an emphasis on Herps or Genetics. Get to know your professors (this is a major need). If you can prove your need for your snake for an experiment or for your degree then you'll no longer have to hide him, in fact it is possible to get grants for housing your snake as well. That or he could be moved to a better enviroment somewhere else on campus (only if you get a professors permission). Who knows you may become the next Bob Clark and become a pioneer in BP morph's. This is all just my 2 cents so take it for what its worth.
    4est
    1 adult male Ball Python (King Tut), 1 adult Female Corn Snake (Cleopatra), 1 juvenile Green Two-Tailed Iguana (Tommy Two-tails), 1 Common Boa(Ghengis Kahn)

Thanks

That's a hard decision to make Perrin. What's your biggest worry with taking him to college with you? Perhaps there is a way to be able to keep him.

If not, then you're being a good person to make the best arrangements for your snake's well-being and no one could fault you for that.

Let us know what we can do to help.

~~Joanna~~

P.S. May I ask if you are going to college here in Michigan?
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

First I would check the schools policies on reptiles. Mine had a FISH ONLY policy so I had to wait until I got an apartment then I got my bps. What are your housing plans?
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

I was in the same situation. I am getting ready to move to Florida and start school. I am going to live in apartments but they have very strict rules about animals. I thought long and hard about it and what really made me give them up is the fact that when I start school, i won't have the time i used to have for them. I came to the realization that they would be better off with someone who did have time for them. so I sold all 3 of my snakes. It was not an easy choice, but i know i made the right choice. My hobby for reptiles is not dead..just put on hold for a little while.

If you can find time to take care of them, then keep them.

Thanks

Hey Perrin did you get your snake sexed? I thought I remembered you calling Makeeda a girl before (but then my mind goes on vacation on occasion LOL).

~~Joanna~~
    ~~Joanna~~