I recently picked up a pair of ball pythons. Confirmed male and female. They were kept together and have had two clutches before, if I remember properly. Anyways, the female hasn't taken a meal from the previous owner or me for fiveish months now and has a bit of an attitude. This is just a bit of a back story for you guys.
I was told by the previous owner that he noticed her swelling, I assume he means building and he was suspicious that she was gravid and wanted x-rays. I said it was unnecessary and we should just look out for signs that she's in the process. To be completely honest I had no clue what to look for other than a swelled snake before I got her. Well I reached out to some friends, but no one I talked to was super into breeding so the information I got wasn't the best. All I know know is the timetable and what to expect and when.
I've been monitoring her for various signs, cool seeking, building, ovulation, etc. I'll best recall what I've seen from her and maybe I can get some insight from someone who knows more than I and my friends do. I immediately separated them into their own tubs. At first I didn't have a hide fit for her so I left her without one, she stayed on the cool side, but no bowl wrapping. About a week later I noticed that she may have built a little, but not much. Four days ago she went blue and I randomly woke up at 2am to a shed today, not a perfect shed, but it's all off and the bulk of it is in three large sections. She's also much smaller now that she's shed, but her shed has a few very wide spots from her previous girth. She has stayed on the warm side for the duration of the shed and a few days prior. I feel like I may have gotten her right after an ovulation, the previous owner didn't notify me of one. I'm assuming they don't know what it is or what to look for.
Anyways, I hope I can get some more information and insight. I have experience with breeding other species, so I am prepared with an incubator and am going to get a rack for the hatchlings if she ends up laying within the 30 day period, give or take a few days of course. I can't post pictures of her incase anyone asks.

I almost forgot, I weighed her in at over 1400 grams, don't remember the exact number