Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,818

3 members and 3,815 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Re: Reptile Basics cages compared to Animal plastics?

Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    How much of a price difference are the LEDS compared to the fluorescent lights? I already ordered a AP T12 with fluorescent lights but I'm wondering if I should consider asking to change the lights. I'm hoping since I'm getting a taller cage my bp will be less inclined to actively try and sit on the cord. Is this a likely thing to happen or would you say it was unique to your boas?
    Boas are semi-arboreal so it makes sense, but it's possible your BP could find a way up there eventually too LOL! Depending on the BP.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    Boas are semi-arboreal so it makes sense, but it's possible your BP could find a way up there eventually too LOL! Depending on the BP.
    lol oh geeze now I have an image of coming home one day and finding the lights torn down and going "WHY U DO THIS" hopefully not though :p I'd be worried about it falling on him. I feel like a parent trying to think of ways to baby proof everything lol
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

How much of a price difference are the LEDS compared to the fluorescent lights? I already ordered a AP T12 with fluorescent lights but I'm wondering if I should consider asking to change the lights. I'm hoping since I'm getting a taller cage my bp will be less inclined to actively try and sit on the cord. Is this a likely thing to happen or would you say it was unique to your boas?
    The LEDs are like $40. I wouldnt say its unique to my boas. My BP when she is out and exploring does like to climb too. Pretty much if they can get there, they will. I'm sure you could call Ali and have her change the lighting assuming the cage isnt shipped yet.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (06-16-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

lol oh geeze now I have an image of coming home one day and finding the lights torn down and going "WHY U DO THIS" hopefully not though :p I'd be worried about it falling on him. I feel like a parent trying to think of ways to baby proof everything lol
    I doubt your BP could pull them down. They dont get big enough or heavy enough. I just hate having cords hanging down inside the cage too. I always pictured a cord breaking off the unit and then frying my snake. I mean i doubt that would happen but i always worried about it.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (06-16-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    The LED lighting isnt put up on their site. You have to call in and have Ali put it on your order. I gave her grief about it a long time ago and they still havent updated it lol.

As for pulling down the lighting, they cant. They are recessed into the roof of the cage by a channel they route and then the light strip is tucked up into it. The cord comes out the top of the left side of the cage and is routed in a channel out the back so another cage can sit on top without interfering with it. Thats why i ordered them. I too got tired of my boas pulling down the light cords and stuff. i can try and get a couple pics of it to show you.
    That looks perfect. In the next year I will need to move my Dumerils from her rack to a cage. I am glad that these are an option.

How did they manage to do that??? O_o
    They would climb up there and push the lights sideways until they fell off. One even managed to get the light cover off the bulb and tried to curl around the damn bulb- they use the cheap under counter shop lights. The cover slides off easily. Snakes are strong and determined.

My cages were the 15" cages. I'd change it if I were you.
    Malcolm, '12 normal | Alice, '14 Pied | Sebastían, '15 Mojave | Damián, '16 Albino

View My iHerp Page

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypancistrus For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (06-17-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12