Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,371

0 members and 3,371 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

What is 28-Year-Old Ball Python Feces Look Like?

Hello,
    I bought Kaan (STO) when he was still an unhatched egg. I fed him his first piney baby. Now he is 28. He was a gift for my nephew, 6 at the time, eventually, my sister and her husband became his stewards: and now full-circle, here we are! Only, I have forgotten everything I ever knew.

Like for instance, he twisted himself into a pretzel stick for a couple days after eating a good sized rat, and then a HUGE Feces followed, that giant brown mass in the lower left like I have never seen!! Is this normal? Is he ready to eat again? Also, I keep the humidity up, and he appears to have shed, but where's the skin? Confused. Jamie...

Link to Photo
    Last edited by jamjackvee; 05-16-2017 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Link to Photo

Registered User footballpythons's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What is 28-Year-Old Ball Python Feces Look Like?

Looks pretty normal to me

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Thanks

Oh Thank You!! When I went over to the tank this morning he was out looking for food. I did not know if I should feed him because I have only had him back for about 6 weeks and I am so far on a steep learning curve. I have him in a more natural terrarium. I also keep the humidity around 70% using New Zealand Sphagnum; but what about the shed? I can tell he shed, I see the fringes of shed skin. There is no skin in the tank anywhere! Is something you experience as well? Thank you for helping me to answer my questions. I will go the guy a rat. Jamie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamjackvee View Post
    Oh Thank You!! When I went over to the tank this morning he was out looking for food. I did not know if I should feed him because I have only had him back for about 6 weeks and I am so far on a steep learning curve. I have him in a more natural terrarium. I also keep the humidity around 70% using New Zealand Sphagnum; but what about the shed? I can tell he shed, I see the fringes of shed skin. There is no skin in the tank anywhere! Is something you experience as well? Thank you for helping me to answer my questions. I will go the guy a rat. Jamie
    He could of hid the shed that's what happened to me last shed my snake hid her shed under her Cyprus mulch and she was laying on it under the mulch also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk