Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,316

1 members and 3,315 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Add-Ons with the T8 Animal Plastics Cage

So, I'm thinking about getting my very first snake, and my friend recommended that I buy a terrarium from Animal Plastics. I saw some people on this and other sites who seemed pretty happy with these terrariums so I figured it'd work out well. But, looking on the site there is a list of add-ons I could get with the terrarium, including locks and Flexwatt belly heat. Is the Flexwatt better than buying a UTH from a different place, and are the locks necessary?

Thanks
    The lock is a good idea, but you can get less expensive ones that work elsewhere. (the lock is to keep people out, and to also prevent the snake from sliding the doors open which can happen). The heat tape can be from wherever you would like it to be. I use 2 strips of 12" from Reptile Basics under my animal plastics enclosures.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Randall L Turner Jr For This Useful Post:

Axo (05-13-2017)

Thanks

Re: Add-Ons with the T8 Animal Plastics Cage

Quote Originally Posted by Axo View Post
    So, I'm thinking about getting my very first snake, and my friend recommended that I buy a terrarium from Animal Plastics. I saw some people on this and other sites who seemed pretty happy with these terrariums so I figured it'd work out well. But, looking on the site there is a list of add-ons I could get with the terrarium, including locks and Flexwatt belly heat. Is the Flexwatt better than buying a UTH from a different place, and are the locks necessary?
    I just ordered a T8 and the only option I got was the lock. You can get flexwatt from other places probably less expensive. Just keep in mind Quick ship takes 3 weeks before it leaves their warehouse so plan accordingly.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bmocken For This Useful Post:

Axo (05-13-2017)

Thanks

Add-Ons with the T8 Animal Plastics Cage

Think of the locks as door latches, and get one.

If you're going to get a young snake, get the divider, so you can start them out in less than the full enclosure (youngsters of any snake species can be stressed by having too much space).

We don't have the basking shelves in the T8s (we have them divided, so not compatible with the shelf), but we do in our taller AP enclosures.

My husband is handy, so we buy heat tape and wire it up ourselves. We also do our own installation of LED aquarium lights, and radiant heat panels (not all of our snakes get RHPs). I get heat tape, hides, and RHPs from Reptile Basics, and Herpstat thermostats from Spyder Robotics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Prognathodon; 05-14-2017 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Insidious Typos
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prognathodon For This Useful Post:

Axo (05-14-2017),Linkin (05-14-2017)