Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,655

2 members and 2,653 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,120
Threads: 248,562
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Luke50585
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts

Re: Is BHB a quality breeder?

Quote Originally Posted by bmocken View Post
    his personal life and or relationship with his wife have no bearing on his ability to be a quality breeder and that is what the op question was.
    thank you!!
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

Thanks
    I dont know or care about his personal life. Ive bought 3 corn snakes and 3 king snakes from BHB. All healthy, no mites, good eaters. Just my experience.
    Last edited by Miranda2; 05-24-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bmocken View Post
    His personal life and or relationship with his wife have no bearing on his ability to be a quality breeder and that is what the OP question was.
    Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    However personal issues don't speak to a person's ability to care for animals, sure doesn't look good for a celebrity in our hobby.
    Being a quality breeder can have different meanings to different people, it is purely opinion. The type of person can play a big part in some people's definition. I just brought up things that are very easily searchable and discussed often. If I had proof of other issues I would share it.

Thanks

Being a quality breeder can have different meanings to different people, it is purely opinion. The type of person can play a big part in some people's definition. I just brought up things that are very easily searchable and discussed often. If I had proof of other issues I would share it.
    They are very searchable and I did search them finding them to be false. Even a YouTube video made by someone who is blocked by BHB said the hacked posts don't show Brian's face and could very well be fake. All that is, is spreading slander and hearsay. If you have personnel experience with him then it applies. If not then it doesn't. Your post sounds more like an agenda against BHB rather then an objective answer as to if he is a quality breeder.

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    Brian makes nice healthy looking stuff. If someone has what I want, it is what matters most to me. I have respect for the guy. It is hard to run a large operation successfully. Anyone that does not understand that has never done it. Larger businesses come with sacrifice and to do it and not loose your soul is a difficult thing to do.

That said, being stuck in a small room with Brian would be a personal nightmare for me. While I admire his drive, a bubbly personality, coming especially from a man is very off putting to me.

As to his personal life, whatever it may be, it is none of my business. If he is not hurting people or breaking laws I could care less. It is going to have no weight on whether or not I do business with the guy. Business is business.
    Last edited by JodanOrNoDan; 05-25-2017 at 09:47 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (05-25-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bmocken View Post
    They are very searchable and I did search them finding them to be false. Even a YouTube video made by someone who is blocked by BHB said the hacked posts don't show Brian's face and could very well be fake. All that is, is spreading slander and hearsay. If you have personnel experience with him then it applies. If not then it doesn't. Your post sounds more like an agenda against BHB rather then an objective answer as to if he is a quality breeder.
    False? So whats the alternative? someone took the time to photoshop/spoof his text messages and collect various private images of people surrounding him? Then still hacked/gained access to his accounts to post it. Or the original story where a single device was hacked/gained access, which would be a hub for everything posted. I don't even understand why his face not being in the photos has anything to do with anything, why would it be? It's really hard to discuss this and keep it PG rated. And as we all agree, it has nothing to do with someone's ability to take care of animals. It however can speak about the type of person, which may or may not influence how you think of them as someone to purchase animals from.

As stated before, I have plenty of first hand experience with him and I know many others I consider reliable sources. However it's all hearsay without proof now isn't it? so I can't say more than what's already in public.

It's hardly an agenda when someone asks about him. Ask about the kick brothers and I'll show you all sorts of public posts about them, I've never even exchanged a single word with them. And there are people who will defend the kicks like it's a religion. We are all just haters you know.

Thanks

False? So whats the alternative? someone took the time to photoshop/spoof his text messages and collect various private images of people surrounding him? Then still hacked/gained access to his accounts to post it. Or the original story where a single device was hacked/gained access, which would be a hub for everything posted. I don't even understand why his face not being in the photos has anything to do with anything, why would it be? It's really hard to discuss this and keep it PG rated. And as we all agree, it has nothing to do with someone's ability to take care of animals. It however can speak about the type of person, which may or may not influence how you think of them as someone to purchase animals from.

As stated before, I have plenty of first hand experience with him and I know many others I consider reliable sources. However it's all hearsay without proof now isn't it? so I can't say more than what's already in public.

It's hardly an agenda when someone asks about him. Ask about the kick brothers and I'll show you all sorts of public posts about them, I've never even exchanged a single word with them. And there are people who will defend the kicks like it's a religion. We are all just haters you know.
    Do you spend this much effort looking into the car dealer you use. You have confirmed 100% for me that there is something personal here. It sounds like an agenda to me because his sexual proclivities are irrelevant. Would you buy from a breeder who was gay? Snakes.... this is a snake forum ... just in case you forgot....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotNess View Post
    Do you spend this much effort looking into the car dealer you use. You have confirmed 100% for me that there is something personal here. It sounds like an agenda to me because his sexual proclivities are irrelevant. Would you buy from a breeder who was gay? Snakes.... this is a snake forum ... just in case you forgot....
    My car warranty is through the make of this car, not the dealership, and when I buy my cars I put far more effort into research than me pulling out issues off the top of my head... The breeders word is my "warranty". I wouldn't buy from a breeder who I feel has a history of lying.

However you seem to be focused on one part of my post. I don't keep atbs but that community has attacked the way he keeps them. I don't keep Giants but that community has attacked the way he keeps them. Form your own opinion if that is traits of a quality breeder.

He promoted transparency with his scaleless project... Until the female disappeared all of a sudden. Then it was nothing but tight lips and shutting out people who invested in his project. This is another one that's tough because again there are things I can't prove. I will ask even his public actions through out the ordeal, are those traits of a quality breeder?

I don't keep hots, but that community seems to have no problem saying his education is misinformation and is hurting their part of the hobby. Form your own opinion there also.

His antagonizing snakes and numerous mite issue stories are hard even for the most loyal fan to deny. Are these traits of a quality breeder?

A lot of people will feel differently. Perhaps none of those issues bother you. It an opinion. My agenda now is to defend myself. Accuse me of slander? No I don't think so.
    Last edited by OhhWatALoser; 05-25-2017 at 12:02 PM.

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts
    I have not vetted any of these for myself, so take with a grain of salt and do your own research, but this appears to be some of the more common complaints: https://fimbry-talks.tumblr.com/post...o-you-hate-bhb

My own two cents: when I was looking to get my first snakes I had initially looked at BHB. He had one female cinna pin listed for 400 + shipping, a not bad price at the time. But then I found one of our forum members also had a cinnapin female for sale right at the same time, and when he sent me pics I was blown away. Strudel has an almost perfect dorsal stripe, her colors are OUTSTANDING and her personality is flawless. And the topper is, I got her and Serket as a bundle deal for basically the same price as the one Brian was offering, and I think she is of a much better quality. Is Brian a good guy? I don't know. But there are hundreds of great breeders out there, including our own forum members whom I've gotten to personally know, that don't have any of this back and forth attached to their names, and produce animals as good as if not better than the ones he has, so personally, I don't really have any reason to do any business with him.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizardlicks For This Useful Post:

Monty44 (05-25-2017)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Alright people time to remember that this is an inquiry forum not a drama/rumor/dirty laundry forum, this is not what we do here......there is enough drama and rumors in this industry in general that it does not need to be brought here this is not what this forum is about.
    Deborah Stewart

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

dr del (05-26-2017),mlededee (05-25-2017),PitOnTheProwl (05-26-2017)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast