Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,310

1 members and 3,309 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: The Left Passing Lane

Come on down to Chicago and experience some of the dumbest drivers and worst road infrastructure. Not long ago this driver almost drove me off the left passing lane cause they didn't see me when they were turning on the freeway. And cause people drive so slow i go fast to pass them and when you drive a Camaro sometimes it triggers a small but intense race with some random person. I know it's dangerous but it just happens. My favorite victory's were against a big truck that couldn't pass me and i gave a Honda driver a run for his money once. Lately i've been passive aggressive on the road cause i've put too much money in to the care of my car.
    Last edited by EDR; 05-13-2017 at 09:06 AM.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Depends on the situation........ If I'm in either of the trucks I only use it to pass.
    If I'm on the bike I will only ride in the left or right lanes, if you see me in any of the middle lanes I wont be there for long.
    I always keep "an out" because there are too many self-centered drivers that don't look around before they change lanes.
    I like having a shoulder to hit if I need to move quick, granted my Sporty will pass if there is enough space in front of them to blow by.
    Also like being able to run the shoulder in bumper to bumper stopped traffic. Legal in Texas as long as your scooter is AIR COOLED and you are at a safe speed. When on the shoulder I usually run about 20mph because there it always one idiot that will try to move over and block the lane.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (05-15-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Just picked up my cages in NJ, 6.5 hours one way. Exactly 1 person, a trucker, flashed high beams when I passed to let me know I could get back over. I was stuck in a one lane construction zone, but no workers, with a reduced speed of 45, behind a person doing 25mph for almost 20 miles. Let's see how the trip back, in the pouring rain, with my back window blocked by cages, goes...

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Prognathodon, good luck to your husband and son on their CDL's.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    BCR229, I don't own a machine gun, but as a short, dumpy, curly grey haired woman traveling alone, my Colt Pocketlite gives me a fine sense of security.

Thanks

In my area we don't have many lanes, I've rarely been on a highway or interstate with more than 3 lanes on either side, so our left lane is okay to drive in. It's still supposed to be the "fast lane" for passing and stuff, but it's okay for people to drive in it as well. I do hate it when the people in the left lane are slow though. Like speed up or let me pass, what's so hard about that?
    1.0 Normal (Emrys)
    0.1 Fire (Calypso)
    0.1 Pied (Tessa)
    0.1 Albino Kingsnake (Nienna)
    2.1 Cats (Suki, Daisuke, and Kyo)
    0.0.2 Leopard Geckos (Chi and Pixel)

Thanks

EDR, you need to swap stories with Detroit drivers. They think we're crazy for going umpty miles over the speed limit bumper-to-bumper, and we think they're crazy for driving in the Star Wars trench scene expressways!

Thanks DLena, it'll be an interesting change when they're both on the road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    Depends on the situation........ If I'm in either of the trucks I only use it to pass.
    If I'm on the bike I will only ride in the left or right lanes, if you see me in any of the middle lanes I wont be there for long.
    I always keep "an out" because there are too many self-centered drivers that don't look around before they change lanes.
    I like having a shoulder to hit if I need to move quick, granted my Sporty will pass if there is enough space in front of them to blow by.
    Also like being able to run the shoulder in bumper to bumper stopped traffic. Legal in Texas as long as your scooter is AIR COOLED and you are at a safe speed. When on the shoulder I usually run about 20mph because there it always one idiot that will try to move over and block the lane.
    Yeah, the middle lane is death on a bike. Be careful running that shoulder though, its where all the nails and other road debris goes.

Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This is why the Audobon, famous for not having a speed limit for hundreds of miles, hardly has any accidents. Because people only get in the passing lane to pass.
    Last edited by MasonC2K; 05-15-2017 at 10:10 AM.
    - Mason

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MasonC2K For This Useful Post:

rlditmars (05-15-2017)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123