Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,081

1 members and 3,080 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Beginner just bought a Burm

Quote Originally Posted by NocturnalBC
    How was my post jumping all over her!? I believe I ASKED her to read up on the care! Sounds like your either a regular at some child chat board because you obviously aren't used to adult posts or you aren't very edjucated and should read a persons post a few times so it'll sink in before you post ridiculous comments making something out of nothing.
    Seems like your the one with little knowledge of these boards 1. They are not adult boards children and teens post here also. Now let me explain how a forum works so that you may better understand. A person posts onto the board with a question. Other users read that question and all replys to the post before they post. The post continues on until the question is answered.(That happened way before your first post) Now everyone once in a while someone jumps the gun (much like you did) and starts posting with little knowledge on the subject. Now most people (unlike you) when the relize they are wrong man-up and appoligize. I hope this helps your future posting here.
    -Sean
    Mazdaspeed 3, yeah its silly fast!

Thanks

nice python, nice
    ~Jason~

0.1 BCI-Adrian
    1.0 Burm-Homer
    1.0 Tiger Retic-Buster
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "If you give up before you try, then you never really wanted it in the first place."
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v708/BCImperator11/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks

wow i love this site lol.

Brian
    Brian
    1.0 ball python-Reeses(u know the candy)
    0.1 sumatran blood python-shai (i miss you)
    1.0 JCP- spaz

Thanks

OK, last warning all, this thread may be locked if insults are going to be thrown, a Mod has already spoke up about this. Bottom line, had the whole post she wrote been read IN ITS ENTIRETY, this problem would have never been started. So, settle down and play nice. We are suppose to be a community that is able to boast helpfulness, friendliness and courtesy to others.. not this type of rude behavior. Remember, first impressions are those that last.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

I try to refrain from replying to threads like this because these kinda situations get me fired up. I feel very sorry that Melissa got put into this situation, but the sad thing is that this kinda stuff happens everyday. Melissa was just smart enough to research the animal that she bought....but alot of people would never think of that and just go by the 'word' of the pet store. That is why there are incidents of burms reproducing in the everglades because people let them loose when they got to big, iguanas running wild in the US, and more and more areas that are placing restrictions on reptiles. Melissa, I am sorry if anything that I said sounded like an attack on you....it was ment to be more of an attack on the pet store that put you in this situation. I just hope the next person that they sell the 'beginner' burm too does their research like you
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

Ok, first of all - TRUCE everybody! I'm just a mom who started off with the wrong snake for her kid but thanks to this board, promptly rectified the situation. Nothing worth coming to blows over. Sheesh. :eek:

Second - we are now the proud owners of a one year-old yellow & black Cali King. He's about 2 - 2 1/2 feet long and currently locked down in solitary confinement until he's had a chance to get used to the new digs. After some discussion with the owner, we all thought each other knew more than they did. I thought they understood that while I appreciated and enjoyed snakes, I knew next to zilch about keeping one as a pet. They thought I realized how big the Burm would get. No intentional dishonesty on anyone's part. The shop was great about swapping snakes (luckily, they were the same price) and I still trade with them exclusively and volunteer whenever I can get a few hours. (Although I still have every intention of giving the guy who sold me the snake a good-natured but pointed blast of crap about recommending a Burm as a first snake to anyone ever again as soon as I see him).

So, presuming Houdini (actually "Crash" according to my son) doesn't manage to wiggle out of his cage over night, all is well.

Now, put your company manners on and make nice.

Thanks for all the help!
    Melissa

Thanks

How much was the burm? I think they are great animals and would get one....But I have no-one to help me handle when it gets bigger

Thanks

$169.99 He's a 5 month-old albino. Absolutely gorgeous and has a great temperament.

Thanks

LOL Melissa you talk just like the rest of us moms around here!

Well it sounds like you guys got the right snake and I bet is just lovely. I love the name Crash actually....very cool manly name for a boy's first snake.

Saw your other post about books and bungee cords and had to laff as I glance over at one of my ball's tubs that even tho it's got two strong latches, still has some heavy hardcover novels stacked on top (I'm a freakin worrywort about escapes!) I think they are all parenting books that I should have made my kids read, little good they ever did with me reading em!

You'll have to keep us up to date on Crash aka Houdini and how he settles in and all that stuff. Us snake nerds eat this stuff up LOL.

~~Joanna~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

I STARTED WITH A BALL PYTHON THEN GOT A C.REDTAIL / HOG ISLAND BOA.I WAS A LITTLE FREAKED OUT THAT MABY THE BOA WOULD GET TO BIG FOR ME TO HANDLE.BUT I DID LOTS OF READING ON THE NET.WELL EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT A BP AND A BOA WAS OUT THERE.THANK GOD.NOW IM NOT SO WORRIED...I THINK ANY ONE THAT IS GOING TO GET A SNAKE SHOULD STUDY WHAT'S INVOLVED BEFOR THE SNAKE COMES HOME.YOU STILL WILL BE A LITTLE FREAKED BUT THATS NORMAL.WITH MYSELF IM A GRANDFATHER OF 2 MY WORRY WAS WHEN THE KIDS STAY THE NIGHT.A LAGE SNAKE COULD HURT THE KIDS.WOULD THEY IS NOT EVEN A QUESTION. THEY COULD! SO ON THE DOOR TO THE ROOM MY SNAKES ARE IN IS A ALARM,YOU CANT OPEN THE DOOR WITH OUT SETTING IT OFF.UNLESS YOU HAVE THE KEY.THE DOOR HAS A DEAD BOLD ON IT ALSO.THE SCREENS IN THE ROOM ARE BOLTED IN SO THEY CANT BE PUSHED OUT.I KNOW WHAT THIS SOUNDS LIKE.BUT NOW I DONT HAVE TO SLEEP WITH ONE EYE OPEN WHEN THE KIDS ARE HERE.MY TWO SNAKES HAVE A HOLE ROOM.NO TANKS NO CAGE.I NEVER FEED THEM IN THERE.BUT I JUST WOULDENT WANT ONE OF THE KIDS TO WANDER IN THERE..JACQUELYN 2 AND DOUG 1 BOTH HOLD THE SNAKES ALL THE TIME AND LOVE THEM..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast