Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,406

3 members and 3,403 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Female Adult for 55 gallon breeder

I was gifted a 55 gallon breeder tank because i'm starting to get back into reptile keeping, originally I tired to sell it so I can buy a gargoyle gecko and I don't have anywhere to put the thing yet, and it's a fish tank and all that, it just seemed more beneficial to sell it now and deal with everything when i'm ready to start the ball python set up. I posted it for $30 on craigslist but I have no takers, it's 48x21x13. My plan for the ball python was to buy a terrarium for an adult, put a baby in it and use divider appropriately with a foam wall to increase size of the tank as it grows, being that no one seems to want the tank despite being in great shape, if i end up having to keep it, is this size appropriate for an adult female? I know the length and height are but the width has me concerned. I found the tank at petco while picking up some extra stuff and it advertised multiple animals, snakes, lizards, frogs, fish but i'm just unsure about the width, what do you guys think? big enough for an adult female? big enough for any tropical boa's maybe? All advice is appreciated. side note, humidity and heat wont be a problem, my house stays at minimum 60f with humidity around 50% with no help.
    Last edited by lemonblastoff; 04-26-2017 at 01:25 AM. Reason: left out information

Thanks

Re: Female Adult for 55 gallon breeder

That is a good question about the 55g I was considering getting one for Petcos 50% off but I rather have their 75g but they never had it in stock and I got it at PetSmart for half off but anyways I feel like the width might be a little small for an adult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Yeah i'v never even seen a 75 at my petco, they run the $1 per gallon sale almost year round but only display up to 55 from what i'v seen, might check in at the start of the month and look for one, a 75 would be much better, that width just kills me, almost pointless to offer a 4ft long tank thats so thin and act like its great for snakes and lizards.

Thanks

Female Adult for 55 gallon breeder

Quote Originally Posted by lemonblastoff View Post
    Yeah i'v never even seen a 75 at my petco, they run the $1 per gallon sale almost year round but only display up to 55 from what i'v seen, might check in at the start of the month and look for one, a 75 would be much better, that width just kills me, almost pointless to offer a 4ft long tank thats so thin and act like its great for snakes and lizards.
    Yeah petco never has them in stock because I wanted one so what I did was asked PetSmart if they could price match the sale and they said yes but their 75 is on sale so they said from the full price they can do 50% off for the $1 per gallon sale since petco changed it this time.

Petcos sale ends on the 29th I'd call your local PetSmart and see if they will price match it. I was honest with them letting them know petco is advertising a sale and they don't have the item in stock they never did since the sale started.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by imhumpty; 04-26-2017 at 10:20 AM.