Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,152

0 members and 3,152 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: advice

Thanks

advice

hi i really want to get a rtb and wanted to know if i should or should not get one. i have 2 ball pythons one is 3 feet and the other is 2 feet. i just wanted to hear what every body thinks. can i see pics of an averege sized adult boa

Thanks

Re: advice

So you know what your getting yourself into the average red tail is between 7-12 feet as an adult, and I think the record is about 14 feet for a female redtail. They also can reach weights up to 60lbs even more. Males are generally smaller in size than females. They can be little "Wild" but with proper husbandry and common sense they can be as tame as baby. I'm sorry I have no pics for you ( I just can't get any of my pictures to post, definately user error) but here is a link to some good information on RTB: http://www.primareptilia.net/boa_care.htm
    4est
    1 adult male Ball Python (King Tut), 1 adult Female Corn Snake (Cleopatra), 1 juvenile Green Two-Tailed Iguana (Tommy Two-tails), 1 Common Boa(Ghengis Kahn)

Thanks

To get one or not to get one is totaly up to you. I recommend you read a few care sheets on them to make sure you can provide them there needs. You also need to look into the future and make sure you will have the space to house one they can get up to 10' as females. Boas are a great snake IMO I have 3 of them and they are just the best they eat well, arent shy, and get large but not to large. here is a pic of my former 5 1/5 Suriname RTB.

-Sean
    Mazdaspeed 3, yeah its silly fast!

Thanks

i'm well aware of how big they get this guy i know had a female and she was 10 feet and weighted in at like 80 or 90 pounds.i have read alot of care sheets and some where from people who did'nt know what they where talking about.i know rtb's are good natured if cared for the right way.i'm planing to get a male from chicago reptile house.but i want to know everything before i buy one. i'm not a person who go's to the pet store and buy's one not knowing what i'm geting into