Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,398

4 members and 3,394 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mice

Thanks

mice

well this week was a awkward week. i feed rocky on tuesday normal feeding day. and latter that day he was out of his hide looking for more food. well i dont kno if he was just hungry from not eating the other week because of his shed or because he was just hungry in general. so today i feed him anoother moce he took it with no problem. but my question is do i have to feed him 2 mice every week now. its no problem for me if i have to feed him to mice a week thats awsome because i want him to grow as big as he's going to get.

Thanks

Re: mice

I'm a newbie so please take that as such and hopefully the more experienced owners that feed multiple mice will chime in here.

We have both our ball pythons on multiple mice (2) per week. These are young adult mice though and not huge retired breeder mice. We offer the first and then when it's been consumed and the snake shows further interest we offer the second. If the snake doesn't show interest we don't push it to take more than it wants that week so some weeks it might be two, some weeks it might be one.

A growing snake is a good thing but better to let it grow naturally I think then push it to get big as fast as possible, it'll get there anyway with time and proper care.

Congrats on having a snake with a great feeding response!

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

How old and big is the snake? Length, weight? Feeding snakes 2 smaller meals is just fine but you don't want to power feed them. Let us know how old and big he is and that would help more.

Thanks

This is going to open a pandora box (it has before) so let me state this is my opinion and does not reflect the views of others on this forum. I feel if your snake will eat more mice then offer it more mice and base it's next meal off how much it eats. Example if it eats 2-3 mice then maybe try 1 small to medium rat next time, or just repeat 2-3 mice thing. I really don't think their is any nutritional differnce between rats and mice so this should not be a concern. Let also state that I think " Power feeding" and "force feeding" are bad ways to feed a snake and will ultimately shorten the lifespan of your snake.
    4est
    1 adult male Ball Python (King Tut), 1 adult Female Corn Snake (Cleopatra), 1 juvenile Green Two-Tailed Iguana (Tommy Two-tails), 1 Common Boa(Ghengis Kahn)

Thanks

my snake is like 3 and a half feet long i have no idea on how much he weights. or how old he is. i got him from my friend like 6 months ago

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xXGregXx
    my snake is like 3 and a half feet long i have no idea on how much he weights. or how old he is. i got him from my friend like 6 months ago
    Wow! I'd say one mouse a week is with out a doubt not enough, you can easily and safely feed your snake 2 maybe even 3 mice every 7days. You may even think about moving to small rats.

Thanks

if i could find a store around me that sells small rats id definitly feed him a small rat. but no stores around me do. they say that they sell small rats but when i look at them they are huge way to big for rocky so i have to feed him 2 mice. but i dont care i cant wait till he get bigger when he can take a rat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xXGregXx
    if i could find a store around me that sells small rats id definitly feed him a small rat. but no stores around me do. they say that they sell small rats but when i look at them they are huge way to big for rocky so i have to feed him 2 mice. but i dont care i cant wait till he get bigger when he can take a rat
    The chances of "Rocky" ever being able to take a huge rat are slim to nun, just remember that you should never feed him anything that is thicker then he is.
    I'd just stick with the mice since they work best for you and are the easiest to aquire. 2 maybe 3 mice every 7-10 days should be all he needs.

Thanks

i know he'll neva be able to take a adult rat yea im just gonna stick witht he mice. should i give him 1 then wait like a 15-20 minutes then give him another 1 or should i give him 1 on his feeding day and then wait a few days and then give him another 1?

Thanks

have any of you guys ever hade a king snake? my uncle use to have one of them and those snakes are awsome when i get my own spott in a few years thats the next kind of snake im going to get. have my bp rocky in one room and then either a king snake or a boa in another room. man i love snakes it just facinates me on how they kill and eat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast