Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,083

1 members and 1,082 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,581
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

I LOVE Kashmire's vet!

He took us right in this evening for Kashmire's 2nd de-worming and gave him another kiss as he was handling him. I made the comment, "I love the balls, because I think they have the prettiest faces". He laughed and said "You're a ball gal! I'm a boa guy!" Hey, I don't care as long as he has the knowledge. He has several of his own snakes (but all boas).

He was thrilled with how Kashmire was looking. He said that he looked awesome! He weighed 94 grams today, which was a 25% increase in weight from 2 weeks ago. On only one feeding too!

He said he feels better too (a little plumper, but not fat). I told him to be used to seeing me, as I'll be coming up any time I'm panicky about Kashmire. He laughed and said "you're a great ball python momma, you'll be fine, but I'll be happy to see him any time you want to bring him in".

AND he only charged me $2.10 for the Panacur and no office visit fee today.

THANK YOU all who encouraged me to take Kashmire to see a vet when he regurged his first meal with me. If it weren't for the internet, I'd hate to imagine what might have happened to Kashmire. If there's a silver lining in his having parasites, it's that I've found a wonderful vet with exotics experience (and I've also been looking for a new one for my fur babies too, so he's the guy!)

Robin

Thanks

Re: I LOVE Kashmire's vet!

WOAH that is sweet hehe.

We only had one "exotics" vet in the area who has since relocated and is back in the area only part-time.

Can't beat the no office visit fee you managed - that's awesome.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, this was the second de-worming. The first office visit was supposed to be $48 and he only charged me $15! Yeah, I love him!

Robin

Thanks

That's awesome anyway you look at it!!!
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

Oh Robin you did luck out on an excellent vet it seems! I'm so very glad to hear your lil Kashmire is doing well and on the road to wellness. What a relief for you I bet to know you have a good vet that is also obviously just not in it for the cash.

Here's a link to our vet. She works at Jensen's Animal Hospital which has been our vet for awhile now. We're thrilled that she joined the practise awhile back as we didn't want to have to change vet clinics for our snake's care. She has a really interesting background it seems.

http://www.jensensanimalhospital.com/docg.html

Jensen's has been the most amazing clinic. They handled, with so much care and concern, the last difficult years of both our aged cat's lives and helped me make that awful last decision for both Puss Cat and Barney. I can't say enough about all their staff from the girl that answered the phone and listened to me cry over poor old Barney, to the vet who made time for us Easter Monday when Puss Cat's condition suddenly turned critical. Each time afterward they sent us the most beautiful cards, handsigned by each staff member with a lovely insert about the "Rainbow Bridge".

There is truely nothing better than a great vet clinic when you have pets of any kind.

~~Joanna~~
    ~~Joanna~~