Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,371

2 members and 3,369 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Lazy Layla tricked me!

Also to note, she refused to eat for them the day before I bought her, she had a regular poop the morning after her fist night home. She has only diarrhead 3 times since.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Nice, btw I use the same water dish & gun mat

3. The Following User Says Thank You to vikingr For This Useful Post:

WarrThox (04-14-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vikingr View Post
    Nice, btw I use the same water dish & gun mat
    Ha awesome! I want the AR version for the length to cover my whole top working area

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks

A little update. I weighed an then fed her after these pics of her. She now weighs 106g now. Even in the middle of a shed, she downed a rat fuzzy today. I know her shed looks terrible and I had trouble with her humidity a couple days before I realized she was starting to shed.

I ordered some coco fiber on Amazon prime. I also picked up some backgrounds and black foam board today.

https://youtu.be/wqcbRpmneOw
    https://youtu.be/355IK1QjXDc
    Last edited by WarrThox; 04-25-2017 at 10:49 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WarrThox For This Useful Post:

Kam (04-27-2017)

Registered User predatorkeeper87's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WarrThox View Post
    A little update. I weighed an then fed her after these pics of her. She now weighs 106g now. Even in the middle of a shed, she downed a rat fuzzy today. I know her shed looks terrible and I had trouble with her humidity a couple days before I realized she was starting to shed.

I ordered some coco fiber on Amazon prime. I also picked up some backgrounds and black foam board today.

https://youtu.be/wqcbRpmneOw
    https://youtu.be/355IK1QjXDc

whoa, is your hot side 99 degrees F??? You have to drop that ASAP. way too hot, if she lays on that you'll start seeing neurological damage and burns sooner rather than later.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to predatorkeeper87 For This Useful Post:

WarrThox (04-26-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Definitely one of the best feeding videos I've seen!! Thank for sharing!!
    I'm switching my guy over to rats within the next few weeks, hopefully his transition goes as smoothly as yours seemed to, and hopefully just as comical.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

WarrThox (04-26-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by predatorkeeper87 View Post
    whoa, is your hot side 99 degrees F??? You have to drop that ASAP. way too hot, if she lays on that you'll start seeing neurological damage and burns sooner rather than later.
    Well I only bumped it up a little because a few times I've picked her up out of her hot hide she was felt cool to the touch and she had already been in there for quite awhile. Also I checked with an infared temp gun and the substrate was only about 82*F. She had dirreaha the 3 poops and I know they need heat for digestion, so i thought it might not be warm enough. I bumped it down to 96*f under the substrate. Her cool side fluctuates from 75*f at night to 82*f late afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Definitely one of the best feeding videos I've seen!! Thank for sharing!!
    I'm switching my guy over to rats within the next few weeks, hopefully his transition goes as smoothly as yours seemed to, and hopefully just as comical.
    Haha ya, I guess she expected me to get it started for her by placing it in her mouth. So glad the wife was recording. I need to get a phone holder or something so I can record and feed at the same time but still have smooth still video. Autofocus sucks with 60fps.

I expected trouble for sure but was so happy she didn't care. She has always ate immediately, even when shedding. But since I started offering her the right size prey every 4-5 days, she runs off to her hot hide and we won't see her again till next feed or when I get her out. Before during the first 3-4 weeks she was always out climbing on everything poking around the top lid and getting wrapped around the temp cords. Eventually I hot glued them in place and got her feeding back on track. She is still calm as ever and never struck out in defense or been in a defensive position from what I can tell.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks

Well I only bumped it up a little because a few times I've picked her up out of her hot hide she was felt cool to the touch and she had already been in there for quite awhile. Also I checked with an infared temp gun and the substrate was only about 82*F. She had dirreaha the 3 poops and I know they need heat for digestion, so i thought it might not be warm enough. I bumped it down to 96*f under the substrate. Her cool side fluctuates from 75*f at night to 82*f late afternoon.

Haha ya, I guess she expected me to get it started for her by placing it in her mouth. So glad the wife was recording. I need to get a phone holder or something so I can record and feed at the same time but still have smooth still video. Autofocus sucks with 60fps.

I expected trouble for sure but was so happy she didn't care. She has always ate immediately, even when shedding. But since I started offering her the right size prey every 4-5 days, she runs off to her hot hide and we won't see her again till next feed or when I get her out. Before during the first 3-4 weeks she was always out climbing on everything poking around the top lid and getting wrapped around the temp cords. Eventually I hot glued them in place and got her feeding back on track. She is still calm as ever and never struck out in defense or been in a defensive position from what I can tell.

aye still no good, you need to regulate the temp on the glass, not the substrate. She can burrow if she needs the full 90-92, she will find the heat. The cool side is fine with that temp range but that hot side is an accident waiting to happen for sure.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to predatorkeeper87 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (04-26-2017),Marzipan (04-26-2017),WarrThox (04-26-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by predatorkeeper87 View Post
    aye still no good, you need to regulate the temp on the glass, not the substrate. She can burrow if she needs the full 90-92, she will find the heat. The cool side is fine with that temp range but that hot side is an accident waiting to happen for sure.
    So 90-92 inside glass temp? Ya I reread the glass tank how to. Dont know where I got to thinking that it was supposed around 95* but then she still felt cool to the touch.

Thanks for setting me straight. We'll luckily yesterday while checking her over shed, I didn't see anything off or obvious damage, hopefully nothing internally.

Thanks

So 90-92 inside glass temp? Ya I reread the glass tank how to. Dont know where I got to thinking that it was supposed around 95* but then she still felt cool to the touch.

Thanks for setting me straight. We'll luckily yesterday while checking her over shed, I didn't see anything off or obvious damage, hopefully nothing internally.

she most likely hasn't been in contact with the hottest part luckily so she should be ok. no worries man I just didn't want you to have an accident with the snake and be freaking out if she got burnt.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to predatorkeeper87 For This Useful Post:

WarrThox (04-26-2017)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast