Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,342

0 members and 3,342 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Is 80% humidity too high for a blood?

Quote Originally Posted by FatPython View Post
    I've had my new sumatran python for two days. She's a beautiful little gal, but in her tub, the humidity is at 80% and I am so worried that this is too high and will cause an RI. It is this high even after removing cork bark and all of the eco earth from the tub and replacing it with paper. Setup is a 25" long x 15" wide x 7" tall tub with drilled holes on two sides. 3 hides, two of which are cardboard boxes. There's probably about 30 holes drilled near the water bowl, but the humidity isn't budging - even with the bowl being on the cooler side of the tub. Temperatures are 75-87 degrees Fahrenheit (UTH hooked up to thermostat set to 86F)... Please help.

Another note - there is no condensation on the inside of the tub. I live in the midwest, and humidity outdoors ranges from 40%-70%, but certainly not that high inside. How could it be so high, unless maybe my hygrometer is broken? Should I remove the water dish for a few hours at a time?
    Heard this same story a week ago with a different kind of snake and the Thermometer was wrong. Once the person got another thermometer the next day it was 58% Humidity & he had already drilled the heck out of the tub hahahahaha. If there is no condensation then it isn't over 80% in that small of a Tub IMO. I had a 25"x16"x16" for mice and when if got to 80% the plastic fogged up bad.
    If it isn't the thermometer maybe a false reading from the water dish in sick a small enclosure?

PS Edit: just read the update... Sorry didnt see this was from the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CALM Pythons; 03-29-2017 at 10:51 PM.
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12